Stress Management Tip

Amanda Sweener

Going outdoors is one of the biggest ways to reduce stress. I have felt my best after going for hikes or walks throughout the woods or kayaking on a lake, sitting in a field staring at the mountains or even just sitting by a brook or waterfall. Mother nature is so relaxing and being with mother nature is one of the only ways any one really knows how to unplug from our fast paced world. Mother nature has a way to just make you appreciate the natural beauty around us that we take for granted. It makes you relax your mind so you can finally have some clarity. It allows you to really just take a deep breathe or ten that we all can use from being so busy all the time. Also, the sounds in addition to the beautiful scenery, are so relaxing. Two of my favorite sounds when I am out enjoying mother nature is to hear the flow of water. A lot of my hikes tend to have a river near by and it is so relaxing. Another is to hear birds chirping. It makes me instantly smile anytime I hear them chirp. Unplugging from the outside world while going outdoors is also a big benefit. I have hiked with people who tend to sit on their phones whether its taking pictures to post later to social media, blasting their music through their phones or are texting. It really takes away from the whole experience so my advice is to just be there, with just you, your mind, body and soul and allow mother nature to work its wonders.

https://thedailytexan.com/2016/02/22/going-outside-can-help-reduce-students-stress  

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.