Company Name: The Fastenal Company
Location: Pittsfield, MA
The Fastenal Company would like to invite ambitious, hard-working individuals to apply for the position of Sales Trainee PT. Applicants should be able to bring new ideas and improvements to business practices; remain fair, respectful and moral in all situations; and work well both independently and as part of a team.
Since 1967 Fastenal has grown from a single store to nearly 2,700 locations, each providing tailored local inventory and personal service for our customers. As we’ve expanded across the world, we’ve retained a core belief in people and their ability to accomplish remarkable things – if given the opportunity. From this philosophy stems an entrepreneurial culture that challenges every employee to run their own business, create their own success, and rise up to become company leaders.
As a growth company with a solid financial position, that typically doubles in size every four to five years, we are committed to training, promoting from within, and creating opportunities for our employees. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and are looking to make your mark as part of an elite growth company, you won’t find a better fit than Fastenal.
Working in the role of part-time Sales Trainee, you will have the opportunity to balance formal training with real-world experience running a store and working with customers. It’s a great way to learn the ropes of our fast-paced industry and potentially transition into a full-time sales position. Fastenal Company is currently seeking candidates for a part-time Sales Trainee position at our store located at 1430 East Street, Pittsfield, MA.
The training experience includes hands-on, on-line, and classroom training offered through our corporate university. The training program for current employees who are promoted into these positions will vary based on prior experience with the company.
- Assisting with sales/customer service
- Managing inventory
- Placing and fulfilling orders
- Performing local sales calls and deliveries with company vehicle
- 18 years of age or over
- A strong aptitude for sales and desire to earn salary plus commission after the training period
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to meet our driving record requirements
- The ability to demonstrate Company values of Innovation, Teamwork, Ambition, and Integrity
- Strong computer skills and math aptitude
- The ability to lift, slide and lower packages that typically weigh 25lbs-50lbs and may weigh up to 75lbs
- Possess or are working towards an Associate’s Degree in Business/Marketing OR have equivalent industry experience and knowledge of the local market
- Ability to pass the required drug test (applicable in the US, Puerto Rico, and Guam ONLY
To apply, if interested, please respond to the job offer by Friday, May 29, 2015, at https://assess.shlonline.com/default?action=url&key=f352556a75bed0