CSC Jr. Programmer Internship in RENSSELAER New York United States
Title: Jr. Programmer Internship
Location: USA-NY: NEW YORK-RENSSELAER
Job Number: 1300SQL
Essential Job Functions
CSC has an opportunity for an Intern to participate on a project implementing a large web application for NY State Department of Health. The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing Java based solutions which support client objectives. This position will be located in CSC’s Albany, NY location.
* Codes, tests, debugs, implements, and documents basic programs. Assists in modifying company products and/or customer/internal systems to meet client and/or end-user needs.
* Assists in researching and analyzing existing systems and program requirements. Performs data analysis to support internal and external project needs.
* Designs basic programs for projects or enhancements to existing programs.
* Writes specifications for basic programs.
* Assists in resolving basic production support problems. Applies current technologies such as hardware and software and packaged applications to support the delivery of technical solutions.
* Assists in completing unit testing by preparing test data, running tests and evaluating results. Assists in developing screen tests and debugging problems. Develops test plans to verify logic of new or modified programs.
* Participates in quality assurance activities such as peer reviews.
* Creates appropriate documentation in work assignments such as program code and technical documentation.
* High school diploma or G.E.D.
* Two or more years of experience in programming or testing
* Experience working with appropriate programming languages, operating systems and software
* Experience working with relational databases to facilitate programming software
Working toward a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work effectively with a software development team on technical and business issues
• Perform independent research and present recommendations based upon findings
Coursework/proficiency of at least 6 months in Java (or C ) and relational database concepts
• Interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with peers and management
• Basic data analysis and software testing skills to validate modifications and enhancements
• Competency in MS-Office product suite
* Basic programming skills
* Good personal computer and business solutions software skills
* Basic communication skills and to work effectively with team members, support personnel, and clients
* Interpersonal skills to interact with team members
* Analytical and problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of programs