Position: VAN DRIVER
Program/Dept: trANSPORT (Transport adults with developmental or physical disabilities to and from programs, job sites and activities)
Schedule: Monday – Friday Split shift of 6:45 – 8:45 a.m. and Pay range: $9.68/hr.
2:45 – 4:45 p.m. (flexibility needed)
Part-Time Employees of HRU enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to:
Wellness Program Dental and Vision Insurances
Flexible Spending Account Health Reimbursement Arrangement
Discount Auto, Home and Pet Insurances Tuition Remission Program
Extensive Employee Assistance Program (including free legal services)
- High School Diploma/GED or higher education (must be able to show diploma/GED certificate)
- Valid MA Driver’s License with three years of driving experience and good driving record
- Pass Mandatory Pre-employment CORI check and drug screen
- Must be punctual and dependable, with a work record of reliability
- Demonstrate courtesy and respect to passengers and other customers
- Must be at least 25 years old
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Transport passengers courteously, responsibly, and in accordance with policies; deliver mail and other goods for the agency. Must drive in all weather conditions.
2. Adhere to all motor vehicle laws.
3. Learn and follow specified driving routes and schedules. Ability to read and follow maps.
4. Perform safety and vehicle checks; record inspections; report accidents, incidents, and vehicle condition to the supervisor.
5. Work constructively and cooperatively with other staff, residences, and parents/guardians.
HUMAN RESOURCES UNLIMITED
Attn: Deb Augherton
120 MAPLE STREET, SUITE 400, SPRINGFIELD, MA 01103 Phone (413) 781-5359 FAX (413) 746-3370
Human Resources Unlimited (HRU) is a private, not-for-profit agency which has provided employment, training, and pre-vocational services to people with developmental, psychiatric, and other disabilities or disadvantages since 1970.
Internal candidates are given priority consideration.
HRU IS AN AA/EOE EMPLOYER. MINORITIES, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES,
VIETNAM VETERANS, AND WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
WE ARE PREPARED TO MAKE REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS TO PEOPLE WITH
DISABILITIES TO ENSURE EQUAL ACCESS TO EMPLOYMENT.