Career Opportunities – August 25, 2014
The following require a HS Diploma/GED and may require additional education/experience as notated:
Client Services Support – Part-Time in Pittsfield
- This position provides clerical and medical record support in our Child and Adolescent Community Service Office. Duties include greeting guests, registering clients and processing co-pays, filing, typing, and other general clerical duties. 1-2 years of prior medical reception/office experience required.
Community Based Recovery Facilitator/Case Worker – Full and Part-Time in Pittsfield
- This position works as a member of a team to provide opportunities for individuals to develop skills to be used on their journey of recovery for personal growth with hope and optimism focusing on working with individuals in their pursuits of independence. 4-year degree preferred or 3-5 years human services experience.
Direct Care Support/Specialist/Recovery Facilitator(s) – Full-Time, Part-Time and Per-Diem in Pittsfield and North Adams
- Provides assistance in the long-term chronic mentally ill population with daily living activities, and passes medications in accordance with MAP, while providing outreach as needed. Available in our Acute Services, Adult/Family, Community- Based Supports, Children/Adolescent and Substance Abuse Programs. 4-year degree in Human Services or related field OR 5 years Human Services experience required for Direct Care Specialist position.
Peer Mentor(s) – Part-Time in Pittsfield
- These positions actively support and assist youth by improving their quality of life by modeling, being an active listener, and sharing the reality of wellness and recovery, while promoting person-centered self determination and decision making through the use of their own recovery stories and lived experience. Minimum of 6 months to 1 year of personal recovery with “lived experience”.
Program Assistant(s) – Per-Diem in North Adams
- In our Adult Day Health Program, these positions direct recreational and physical activities, provide assistance to participants in daily living and provide rehabilitative and maintenance services according to participants care plan. 3 years of recent experience working with the elderly or chronically disabled and First Aid and CPR Certification required.
Recovery Facilitator/Community Supports – Full-Time in North Adams
- This position works to develop practical life skills including budgeting, menu planning, cooking, shopping, attending doctor appointments, housing, cleaning and leisure activities in group, individual and community settings, while also facilitating involvement in community activities and establishing a personal network for those served.
The following require a Bachelor’s Degree and may require additional education/experience as notated:
Intensive Care Coordinator I – Full-Time in Pittsfield
- Facilitate the development of the Care Planning Team (CPT) and convene and facilitate meetings with this team to develop a child and family-centered Individual Care Plan, and to develop a risk management/safety plan in collaboration with the CPT, and to identify natural supports while assisting with system navigation, family advocacy and support.
Youth Substance Abuse Specialist – Part-Time in Pittsfield
- This position provides substance abuse assessment and education to a caseload of students within Berkshire County schools. Presentations to middle and high school classes using a provided substance abuse curriculum is expected. The specialist will also consult with school personnel and other youth service organizations as needed. Experience in Substance Abuse Counseling/Training and working with the child/adolescent population required. Excellent oral and written presentation skills required.
The following require a Master’s Degree and may require additional education/experience as notated:
Child and Adolescent In-Home Therapist(s) – Full-Time in Pittsfield
- These individuals will work as part of a dynamic team, providing In-Home Behavioral Health Services. Also completing diagnostic mental health assessment and providing treatment for youth and caregivers on an outreach basis throughout Berkshire County.
Clinical Service Coordinator I or II – Caring Together Program – Part-Time in Pittsfield
- This position provides mental health treatment and psychotherapy, case management, and treatment planning for youth and families receiving Caring Together services. Caring Together is a newly awarded contract that will provide a “Continuum” of community-based wraparound services that are designed to maintain youth within their homes and support families as their primary caregivers. Position requires independent license in social work or mental health counseling (LICSW or LMHC) OR eligibility and receipt of license within 6 months of eligibility date.
Clinicians (Social Workers/Mental Health Counselors) – Available in the following Divisions: Adult, Child and Adolescent Outpatient; Acute Services; Substance Use Disorders – Full and Part-Time and Fee-For-Service in all of Berkshire County
- These positions provide a full continuum of therapeutic and clinical services. These services are provided for children, adolescents, adults and families in a variety of settings throughout Berkshire County and include risk assessment, crisis intervention, family support and psychotherapy. All clinicians must receive license in Social Work or Mental Health Counseling within 6 months of eligibility date. Emergency Services Clinicians do not require license eligibility.
Clinician – Structured Outpatient Addiction Program – Full-Time in North Adams
- This position is responsible for the daily operation of the Structured Outpatient Addiction Program. Responsibilities include person-served admission, participation and discharge and the implementation of the psycho-educational curriculums including group facilitation. License-eligibility (LICSW or LMHC) and experience with substance use disorders treatment required.
Community Services Clinician (Licensed Practitioner of the Healing Arts) – Full-Time in Pittsfield
- This position provides recovery services to adults within the Community-Based Flexible Supports Program in Central Berkshire County. All clinicians must receive license in Social Work or Mental Health Counseling within 6 months of eligibility date.
Intensive Care Coordinator II – Full-Time in Pittsfield
- Facilitate the development of the Care Planning Team (CPT) and convene/facilitate meetings with the team to develop child and family-centered Individual Care Plan. Also develops a risk management/safety plan in collaboration with the CPT, identifying natural supports while assisting with system navigation, family advocacy and support.
Program Supervisor – Transitional Services – Full-Time Countywide
- This position manages the TSP program, which includes services provided to three Brien Center outpatient locations, inpatient psychiatric programs, detox facilities, county jails and other locations within Berkshire County. The focus of this position is to provide interim screening, monitoring and intervention services to persons in need as they transition from a higher level of care to outpatient services. This position requires an independent license in social work (LICSW) or mental health counseling (LMHC).
The following positions require a professional license or certification in the State of Massachusetts:
Registered Nurses AND/OR LPNs – Full and Part-Time and Per-Diem in Pittsfield and North Adams
- Provides psychiatric nursing care, i.e., assessment, medication, education and monitoring of medication regimes and supervision of the general healthcare of residential clients. Also provides supervision for residents while assisting in daily living activities.
- Per-Diem LPN in our Acute Services Residential Program in Pittsfield
- Part-Time LPN in our Child Crisis Stabilization Unit in Pittsfield
**We are currently accepting applications for Undergrad and Graduate Field Placements. Human Services Degrees including Social Work and Counseling Psychology are encouraged to apply!**
Benefits Include: Extraordinary leave time accrual, Health Insurance with an available Health Reimbursement Account; Dental; Vision; Disability and Life Insurance and Flexible Spending. Also, Competitive salary with supplemental “overflow” for outpatient clinician positions and free supervision towards licensure (where applicable).
A pre-employment CORI and RMV background check are required.
The Brien Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to:
The Brien Center
Human Resources Department or apply online at: www.briencenter.org
PO Box 4219
Pittsfield, MA 01202-4219