Company Name: Berkshire Community College
Location: Pittsfield, MA
Responsible for ongoing administration, coordination, record keeping and related activities related to the implementation of the BCC math lab’s “MAT 800” model of self-paced, modular mathematics instruction. $26.40/hour (per MCCC Contract); non-benefited. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working with department faculty and college staff to insure organizational, administrative, technical and facilities supports for self-paced, mastery-based mathematics curriculum and instruction;
- Creating, updating, duplicating and distributing necessary instructional and administrative materials to instructors for all day, evening, weekend, and off-campus sections;
- Working with the Division Dean and Department Chair, scheduling math instructors and test desk support in accordance with schedule needs and enrollment trends;
- Maintaining, on an ongoing basis, the math lab database of student records;
- Other related activities as assigned.
Qualifications: The success candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics or education, with at least 3 years of experience teaching mathematics, preferably in a self-paced or lab-based setting.
- Understanding of undergraduate and developmental mathematics curricula and instruction modes, strategies and supports.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong technical skills related to office communications, productivity, and record keeping.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
Source of Funding: 03
Area of Assignment: Academic Affairs
Supervisor: Dean of Academic Affairs – Business, Science, Math & Technology Division
Shift: Flexible schedule of approximately 10 hours/week while classes are in session and immediately prior the start of each semester
Application Procedures: For consideration, submit cover letter, resume, and names and telephone numbers of three current professional reference to Heidi Bailey, Berkshire Community College, 1350 West Street, Pittsfield, MA 01201. firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closing date: June 24, 2016. BCC is committed to providing an inclusive learning and working environment that values the diverse backgrounds of all people and encourages applications from individuals whose experiences and perspectives model the opportunities and success derived from a college education.