The Brien Center is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit corporation that operates a network of comprehensive and integrated community mental health and substance abuse services in Berkshire County, Massachusetts. Berkshire County is ideally located in the Berkshire Hills on the western edge of Massachusetts, and is just 2 ½ hours from both Boston and New York City and is thriving with business, as well as cultural and recreational amenities.
**We are currently accepting applications for Undergrad and Graduate Internships. Human Services Degrees including Social Work and Counseling Psychology are encouraged to apply!**
Career Opportunities – September 26, 2014
The following require a Bachelor’s Degree and may require additional education/experience as notated:
Community Based Recovery Facilitator/Case Worker – Full-Time in Pittsfield
- This position works as a member of a team to provide opportunities for individuals to develop skills to be used on their journey of recovery for personal growth with hope and optimism focusing on working with individuals in their pursuits of independence. 4-year degree preferred or 3-5 years human services experience
Recovery Facilitator/Community Supports – Full-Time in North Adams
- This position works to develop practical life skills including budgeting, menu planning, cooking, shopping, attending doctor appointments, housing, cleaning and leisure activities in group, individual and community settings, while also facilitating involvement in community activities and establishing a personal network for those served.
Shift Coordinator – Acute Services – Full-Time in Pittsfield
- This position is responsible for oversight of the overnight shifts at the Adult Crisis Stabilization Unit including: site operations, staffing, internal audits, compliance with external audits, staff development, consultation, supervision, documentation requirements, site beautification and participate in implementation of individual action plans for person’s served.
Shift Coordinator – Community Services – Full-Time in Pittsfield
- This position is responsible for oversight of the overnight residential shifts including: site operations, staffing, internal audits, compliance with external audits, staff development, consultation, supervision, documentation requirements, site beautification and participate in implementation of individual action plans for person’s served.
Site Supervisor – Community Services – Full-Time in Pittsfield
- This position includes responsibility for site operations and Direct Care/Recovery Facilitator staff development, staff supervision and implementation of treatment plans.
The following require a Master’s Degree and may require additional education/experience as notated:
Child and Adolescent In-Home Therapist(s) – Full-Time in Pittsfield
- These individuals will work as part of a dynamic team, providing In-Home Behavioral Health Services. Also completing diagnostic mental health assessment and providing treatment for youth and caregivers on an outreach basis throughout Berkshire County.
Clinical Service Coordinator I or II – Caring Together Program – Part-Time in Pittsfield
- This position provides mental health treatment and psychotherapy, case management, and treatment planning for youth and families receiving Caring Together services. Caring Together is a newly awarded contract that will provide a “Continuum” of community-based wraparound services that are designed to maintain youth within their homes and support families as their primary caregivers. Position requires independent license in social work or mental health counseling (LICSW or LMHC) OR eligibility and receipt of license within 6 months of eligibility date.
Clinicians (Social Workers/Mental Health Counselors) – Available in the following Divisions: Adult, Child and Adolescent Outpatient; Acute Services; Substance Use Disorders – Full and Part-Time and Fee-For-Service in all of Berkshire County
- These positions provide a full continuum of therapeutic and clinical services. These services are provided for children, adolescents, adults and families in a variety of settings throughout Berkshire County and include risk assessment, crisis intervention, family support and psychotherapy. All clinicians must receive license in Social Work or Mental Health Counseling within 6 months of eligibility date. Emergency Services Clinicians do not require license eligibility.
Clinician – Structured Outpatient Addiction Program – Full-Time in North Adams
- This position is responsible for the daily operation of the Structured Outpatient Addiction Program. Responsibilities include person-served admission, participation and discharge and the implementation of the psycho-educational curriculums including group facilitation. License-eligibility (LICSW or LMHC) and experience with substance use disorders treatment required.
The following positions require a professional license or certification in the State of Massachusetts:
Registered Nurses AND/OR LPNs – Full and Part-Time and Per-Diem in Pittsfield and North Adams
- Provides psychiatric nursing care, i.e., assessment, medication, education and monitoring of medication regimes and supervision of the general healthcare of residential clients. Also provides supervision for residents while assisting in daily living activities.
- Per-Diem RNs/LPNs in Pittsfield (Acute Services and Respite)
- A pre-employment CORI and RMV background check are required
Benefits Include: Extraordinary leave time accrual, Health Insurance with an available Health Reimbursement Account; Dental; Vision; Disability and Life Insurance and Flexible Spending. Also, Competitive salary with supplemental “overflow” for outpatient clinician positions and free supervision towards licensure (where applicable).
A pre-employment CORI and RMV background check are required.
The Brien Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to:
The Brien Center
Human Resources Department or apply online at: www.briencenter.org
PO Box 4219
Pittsfield, MA 01202-4219