SHANNON GRANT OUTREACH WORKER
The City of Pittsfield is seeking a motivated and energetic individual to fill the role as the Shannon Grant’s Outreach Worker. The Shannon Grant is a state grant aimed at addressing risk factors that contribute to youth and gang violence. The Outreach Worker will work closely with the Shannon Grant Program Coordinator, and provide a critical link in the community to connect with hard-to-serve youth. The Outreach worker will aim to recruit youth who will participate in the program, and build relations with those clients. A major role will be to connect youth with the community resources and services that would benefit them, including by acting as a liaison to facilitate access to services (after school activities, summer programs, employment, job readiness, and others). The position also includes working closely with the Steering Committee that guides the program. In addition, the Outreach Worker will identify youth needs in the community, as well as work with them to set goals and determine paths to success as defined by them. The Outreach Worker will play an important coaching and mentoring role, and conduct gang awareness presentations in schools.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent interpersonal skills – with the proven ability in relationship building skills with youth, and to communicate effectively in public and with partner agencies. The candidate should have in-depth knowledge of the Pittsfield community, particularly the youth population. Applicants should also possess the capability to maintain basic records related to managing a caseload of youth clients, while further possessing the ability to sustain confidentiality pertaining to such records.
Employment is conditional upon applicant successfully passing a pre-employment physical and background check.
Salary: $20 per hour
Deadline: Friday, April 25, 2014
Applications are available in the Personnel Office at City Hall, and online at www.cityofpittsfield.org. Applications should include cover letter and resume, and submitted back to:
City Hall, Room #107
70 Allen Street
Pittsfield, MA 01201
City of Pittsfield is an EEO/AA employer
Archives for Part Time
Assistant Bookkeeper (part-time, hourly)
Established in 1999 in Philadelphia, Ark Media is an interactive multimedia agency with our administrative office located in Great Barrington and multiple home-based offices located throughout the United States. We combine extraordinary creative and content development capabilities with the latest technology to give our clients’ brands a megaphone in the crowded exhibit hall, communicate complex messages with 3D animation and video, or deliver multimedia content in a rich interactive environment.
· Maintain accurate Accounts Payable files for each calendar year including entering Accounts Payable invoices into QuickBooks
· Enter credit card charges for company credit cards which includes downloading charges from credit card company and distributing and collecting excel spreadsheets to employees for description and project numbers
· Provide Accounts Payable Aging and Unpaid Bills reports to supervisor(s) each week
· Generate Accounts Receivable invoices for distribution as needed
· Assist in submitting payroll liabilities as requested
· Utilize a high attention to detail, communication and documentation in assisting to maintain accurate accounting of financial records for the company
• Proficiency in QuickBooks (Windows) a must
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office on a Mac platform
• Proficiency in general internet and email skills
• Strong sense of organization
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work with a team and collaborate to meet team goals
• Desire to work and thrive in a small, quiet office setting
Interested applicants are asked to send a resume to email@example.com or
Rebecca McFarland, Ark Media Inc.
47 Railroad Street, Suite 4
Great Barrington, MA 01230
Position title: Relay Operator
Department: Massachusetts Relay
Reports to: Relay Supervisor
Position summary: Relay TTY and Voice telephone calls.
- Conveys messages of all types to TTY users from voice users and vice versa.
- Enters and reads type written text on a standard computer monitor and keyboard.
- Adheres to strict confidentiality rules and standards.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Stresses quality in all work situations.
- Works a variety of shifts.
- Types accurately, keep pace with the voice party and uses proper Relay procedures.
- Adheres to and uses written procedural language.
- Relays calls in a conversational manner using voice inflection, speech patterns, tone of voice, and user intent.
- Relays correct phrasing by waiting for the TTY user to type complete sentences before voicing.
- Sees situations from the relay user point of view.
- Acts in a pleasant and patient manner at all times when dealing with relay users.
- Understands directions and information given by the relay user.
- Uses common sense approaches to handling situations.
- Gives concise and accurate information to the relay user.
- Understands all concepts, techniques and requirements of the job.
- Uses “down time” to review procedures and languages, and to construct tools to help understand and reference procedures and languages.
- Offers solutions and options when presenting problems or concerns to supervisors.
- Displays a willingness to make necessary adjustments as we change or add services to relay.
- Handles crisis and emotional upset in a professional manner.
- Resolves conflict directly, quickly and completely and discuss unpleasant issues with courtesy and tact.
- Arrives on time to all scheduled shifts.
- Works well without constant supervision.
- Volunteers for extra hours when needed.
- Actively participates in training events including Relay Operator meetings and seminars offered by the company.
- Works well as a team member.
- Performs similar work related duties as assigned.
Education, experience and skills:
- Minimum 60 words per minute typing speed with 95% accuracy.
- Minimum requirement of a GED or Equivalency.
- Ability to read, write, speak, hear and understand English well.
- Ability to read and interpret information on a standard computer monitor.
- Proficiency with computer keyboards and terminals and a basic understanding of computer terminology.
- Strong communications skills, including verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
Contact: Cindy Roughley | Massachusetts Relay Human Resources | Hamilton Telecommunications
O: 413.395.0830 | Fax: 413.395.0836
PART-TIME CLEANING and ASSISTANCE for Bed and Breakfast
Bed and Breakfast in Canaan, New York looking for housekeeping & assistance. Pleasant working environment. Work consists of helping to prepare house for incoming guests, and will include making beds, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning the bathrooms (tub, shower, toilet, sink, and floor); assistance with serving breakfast one or two mornings per week; might also need assistance with other odd jobs, possibly some ironing of napkins and pillowcases. Shifts are usually anywhere from three to six hours – never more than six hours, and we have some flexibility as far as scheduling.
We love our guests and strive to give them the best experience possible! All equipment and supplies are provided – all you need to bring is a friendly disposition, good attitude, and attention to detail. Must be dependable – we are looking for one person.
Our current needs vary between five (5) and twelve (12) hours a week. During the summer, after the semester ends, we can provide twenty (20) to thirty (30) hours a week for the right candidate. The important thing is an eye for detail and a cooperative and friendly demeanor. Physically, you should have the ability to lift and push a vacuum, make beds, bend, and carry a basket of bed linens and towels.
Compensation is $12.00 per hour. This position is perfect for a student who has a little flexibility and is looking for part-time work.
If you are interested in the position, or have any questions, please email your resume/CV or contact information to Clearconscience99@yahoo.com. Please include your full name and address, phone number, concurrent work schedule (availability), and experience (or last job).
P/T Housekeeping Clearconscience99@yahoo.com
|Taconic High School is seeking applicants for the positions of Head Varsity Wrestling Coach and Assistant Wrestling Coach for the 2014-2015 school year. This is a paid position. This position is not eligible for benefits.
Candidate will be responsible for providing leadership and instruction in the personal and athletic development of student-athletes.
The Head Varsity Wrestling Coach is responsible for developing and implementing all facets of the high school wrestling program including, but not limited to: fulfilling administrative responsibilities, organizing practice plans, participating in tournament and district meetings, promoting wrestling program participation, instructing and demonstrating rules and techniques, supervising students at practices and competitions, and delegating assignments to assistant coaches.
The Assistant Wrestling Coach is responsible for aiding the head coach with organizing the wrestling program. Essential duties include: supervising the student-athletes during practices and competitions, instructing the student-athletes in rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport, supporting tasks associated with administrative duties (eligibility forms, physical exam documents, emergency information, etc.), and assisting with game strategy.
Position Type: After school/Evening
|Welcome to Taconic High School!|
Equal Opportunity Employer
Pittsfield Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
|As a multi-school co-op program, the ability to encourage members of the Taconic High School and Pittsfield High School student bodies to participate in wrestling is essential to the successful performance of these positions. Coaching candidates must also model sportsmanlike behavior and maintain appropriate conduct towards students, officials, and spectators. Candidates should have the ability to convey messages of sportsmanship, work ethic, and responsibility to one’s team.
Additional responsibilities of these positions include complying with MIAA rules and completing MIAA required coaching workshop prior to the start of the Winter 2014-2015 season.
Experience as a coach at the high school level is preferred, but not required. Season runs from mid November through early March.
Applicants should apply online by submitting a letter of interest, resume, and references.
|There are no application questions required for this job posting.|
269 First Street
Pittsfield, Massachusetts 01201
Email: click here
|Application Deadline: May 1, 2014|
|Starting Date: November 1, 2014|
The Mahaiwe Performing Arts Center
Box Office Assistants
The Mahaiwe is hiring year-round, part-time box office assistants for day-time shifts, seeking responsible individuals with solid computer skills and experience providing excellent customer service. Box office assistants will handle ticket sales by phone and in person, respond to general inquiries regarding Mahaiwe events, promote the Mahaiwe membership program, and prepare accurate daily sales reports.
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org