Company Name: Boyd Technologies
Location: Lee, Massachusetts
Boyd Technologies is a leading international supplier of advanced flexible materials based in western Massachusetts. Global partners rely on us for our expertise in materials such as nonwovens, technical papers and nanofibers, our support in product commercialization and our manufacturing capabilities to manipulate materials into both components and finished products. While you won’t find the Boyd Technologies name on finished products, or even see some of the components we supply, they are all around you. From disposable medical products in hospitals, to functional components in car batteries, every day we support the largest global brands by providing advanced materials for a safe, clean, healthy world. We are a growing family owned company and are significantly investing in our technologies, resources and people as part of our multi-year growth plan.
- Develop Work Instructions and updating related documentation as necessary.
- Will report directly to the Sr. Quality & Regulatory Engineer and will work closely with the Operations team.
- Make updates to Item Directory Forms (IDFs) using change control in the electronic document and quality management system
- Assist in performing root cause analysis and determining corrective actions to address internal nonconformances and documenting corrective activities.
- Spend about 50% of their time on the production floor creating process improvements and ensuring product quality.
- Desire to work in a manufacturing environment and interact with individuals of all levels of the business.
- An understanding of document control and the importance of regulatory compliance.
- Highly motivated, willing to work hard and able to face challenges.
- Strong organization and communication skills, and the ability to work independently.
- Ability to work with customers, suppliers, and production to determine content of required documentation.
- A desire to learn about and participate in lean manufacturing and other continuous improvement activities.
- Gain exposure to a wide variety of industries across the supply chain – from raw materials to finished goods in medical device, biopharmaceutical filtration, consumer and electrical markets.
- Have the opportunity to interact with employees at all levels of the business. • Gain exposure to basic aspects and principles of an ISO 13485 quality system, including document control, standard operating procedures, supplier management, and specifications development.
- Gain exposure in a contract manufacturing environment.
Interested individuals must be completing their 2nd or 3rd year in an accredited program towards a BS in Industrial Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering. As the internship is located in Lee, MA the intern must be able to commute to the work location. Specific start and end dates will be finalized between Boyd Technologies and the selected intern. All candidates must register for and qualify for the MLSC Life Sciences Internship Challenge to be considered for the internship, but qualification does not mean the candidate will in fact, be selected, for any internship. To qualify students must either be from Massachusetts, or attend a college in Massachusetts.
Application deadline: April 17, 2017 Required materials: A resume and cover letter of introduction to email@example.com.