About Me

To my core, I am a leader. A Berkshire County girl—raised on weaving dandelion crowns and protecting a herd of younger siblings—who has a hunger for more. The boundaries of the mountains that painted my hometown landscape an enchanting green could not stop me. I harness my life’s dearest goals on a spark within me; one that will never go out. My future depends on it.

On the surface, I am a fifteen-year-old student who dually balances courses between Hoosac Valley High School and Berkshire Community College. I am an active member of ten extracurricular organizations, never faltering to give back to my sheltered community. Of these groups, I govern four extracurricular activities as their loyal President. My involvement proves that I am always striving to better the environment that surrounds me, even when no recognition or reward is given. The best leaders possess integrity, which runs far deeper than a gimmick shown when the spotlight is on them but is rather reflected by reputable decisions being made when others aren’t watching. My time and effort are dedicated to my education and organizations, every decision and step I take has a purpose and a butterfly effect on the way it may shape the culture of my environment. A noble leader has the motivation to rise after they fall, to enforce perseverance in a time where it is most crucial. My character is highlighted by those traits of an astounding leader.

Rooted within my essence is an undying incentive for advocacy to mend the gaps in the society in which human life is born. Single-handedly creating change in the Hoosac Valley student handbook as a fourteen-year-old is a promising reflection of how devoted I am to amplifying my voice to spark innovation. Listening to the voices of my fellow students and using the basis of my research, I highlighted the inequitable flaws in the Hoosac Valley dress code that demote female students’ education with sexist and unattainable standards through an impactful presentation conducted last year. That presentation grounded me as an advocate because it truly exhibited the stories of Hoosac Valley’s female students while creating a statement and solution that the administration could not resist. As of this year, the dress code became more liberalized, as outdated and sexist policies were removed. As of this year, students can dress with more freedom, without the hindrance of patriarchy dangling above them.

As the exuberant years fly by, I evolve deeper into who I am below the letter grades and positions that I have earned.  I am my single mother, who relentlessly pursues the goal to provide for her children, despite the number of jobs that she must take on in the process. I am my younger brother, who could laugh until his stomach churned, truly living life in its rawest form. Aside from my bloodline, I am a reflector. My graphite words free my mind, and I use my writing to strengthen my ambition. I pridefully discover myself as I fall into the reflection, and I unfold into who I am meant to be.