Don’t You Forget About Me

Welcome back readers! It’s Thursday, I hope everyone is doing there best to stay healthy. While we all try to continue to cope with the stress day to daySelf-Care Tiles it’s important to not forget to care for yourself. Self-care offers many benefits to our lives helping us be happier and healthier. It is also vital to building resilience towards stress and can help us reduce anxiety. There are many ways to practice self-care and they are different for everyone. With us spending all these days in the house we have more time to practice self-care, so take some of that time to think of something you can do to help care for yourself more.

Self-Care  is not selfish!

Whether it be a gratitude journal, taking time to meditate, exercise, or eating healthy, all are ways we can practice self-care. I tend to think we need more of it than ever during this time. I have found my self-care routine to be a life-saver during this time and it has helped me to cope with the stress and anxiety I am sure we all are feeling during this time. I make sure to find time to exercise, meditate, stay on a schedule and routine as much as possible, as well as eating healthy. I also try to stay positive and find things that will make me laugh or smile.  Below is a fun video about ways to create your self-care plan and how it can really benefit your overall health.

One self-care practice I find exceptionally enjoyable is the practice of gratitude. I personally keep a daily gratitude journal where I write about all the things I have to be grateful for that day. Some days it is my family and friends and having their support in my life. There are other times where I find I am grateful for such things as running water, a safe home, or forgiveness. Taking time to journal and having a conversation with yourself, on paper can be transformative and healing in many ways.

Gratitude for things big and small in your life can make a difference!

Remember, how you practice gratitude and what you will be grateful for is different for everyone, so take time to think of the things you may personally are grateful for. If daily gratitude is something you are interested in give it a try today, whats a better time than now! Get yourself a notebook or a gratitude app and start a gratitude journal today. Below is a video that gives you a a brief peek into why gratitude is good for you. Enjoy!

Self-care and what recharges us is different for everyone. For some of us it can be reading a good book, and for others meditating or writing. Some of us may enjoy cooking, taking a bath, a nap, or doing yoga. Whatever it is that recharges you in a positive way do that daily with intention. Take a moment to appreciate this time with yourself, caring for the person you spend the the most time with, yourself!Self-Care Ideas Chart With these recent levels of uncertainty and elevated anxiety in our world makes practicing self-care even more important! Taking time to turn off the news, put down the phone and spending a moment to care for yourself can make a big difference in your mood and level of anxiety. Caring for yourself is not selfish, it is necessary for you to be at your best. Try to make self-care a priority in your day and see the difference it can make!

We all need kindness, that means you too!

I hope that these tips and videos help you find some new ways to practice self-care or start the practice all together! Making sure to not forget about yourself during these extremely stressful times can make a such a difference and helps us to build more resiliency in our lives. Who couldn’t use so more of that, am I right! I will be back tomorrow with more tips to help you find your happy place.

Find out more about Self-Care Corner and how you can contact me below.

I am writing this blog to be helpful to you all out there during this turbulent time and am looking for your feedback. I would like to know your thoughts so, please feel free to leave your comments, questions and suggestions under the Contact Me tab at the top of the page. You can subscribe to this blog by clicking on the Subscribe button in the lower right corner. Just enter your email address and receive Self-Care Corner in your inbox every morning! How convenient is that?

In addition, you can now find Self-Care Corner on Twitter @selfcarecorners, where I will be posting daily affirmations and ways to cope with these changing times. I hope this will help others feel less alone, more relaxed and more empowered to practice self-care. Please remember to wash your hands and stay home if you can, practice social distancing if you can’t to protect the most vulnerable among us.