BLANDFORD GOLF CLUB FOOD SERVICES
Description of Establishment:
The Blandford Club is a golf and tennis club (www.massgolftennis.com) with approximately 150 members with three dining facilities including a banquet room, a luncheonette and a seated dining area; seating approximately 80, 12, and 28 respectively, and a basic kitchen with the essential components. A $50 food credit is part of the membership fee.
There are many regularly scheduled events and special occasions which require food service and also opportunities to provide dining experiences to the community. Members and non-members also host private parties for special occasions e.g. birthdays, funerals and weddings, etc. which require food service.
Type of Cuisine:
Four basic types of menus should be provided – Lunch, Buffet Dinners, Seated Dining (with menu) and Sunday Brunch, Lunch. Suggestions below can be modified, more detailed and finalized with the candidate.
Sandwiches, hot dogs, hamburgers, grilled cheese, salads, chips.
Salad, Choice of 2 – meat, chicken or fish; Starch, Vegetables, Dessert – $12 (one meat) or $15 (two meats)
Salad, Three to four entrees, Starch, Vegetables, Dessert – (from menu) – Fixed price $17
Continental breakfasts, full breakfast including eggs, omelets, waffles/pancakes, potatoes, toast, etc. – $8 – 12
The Blandford Club does not have a liquor license, but will charge a corkage fee for wine. If there is waitress/waiter service, tipping is expected, otherwise there is a flat charge for food service. All food will be paid by food credits or credit card.
Job Title: Independent Contractor to provide food service
Following are duties, requirements and responsibilities
• Plan and propose menus to Concessionaire Manager
• Hire waiter/waitress staff
• Responsible for procurement and preparation of food
• Maintain a sanitary kitchen and overall clean environment in eating facilities
• Execute concessionaire contract
• Computer tracking of revenues
• Must be a certified licensed food provider – minimum 3 years food preparation experience
• Must demonstrate an in-force General Liability policy
• Provide resume and references
• Ability to propose menus suitable to the membership
• Ability to prepare meals quickly
• Ability to procure proper amounts of food and minimize waste
• The applicant will be accompanied by another person who could assist in providing the food service
• Flexibility for late comers and no-shows for scheduled events
Days and Hours:
Food will be served a total of 25 hours per week. Additional time will be required to procure and prepare food and clean-up.
• Revenue spreadsheet available on request
• Additional catering opportunities as requested by members and non-members
• Profit making opportunity
• Four months to enjoy the Berkshires
• Free golf and tennis
• No overhead for facility other than costs for propane (approximately $800)
Housing Provided: Available
Type of Housing: Onsite
Assist in Relocation: No
Start Date: May 15, 2015
Full/Part Time: See hours of operation
Seasonal Time Period: May 15 – September 15
Contact: Carol Heffner – 413-269-7531 Albert Gabbay – 480-437-1281