Company Name: National Archives and Records Administration
Location: Berkshire County
The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) is the nation’s record keeper. Of all documents and materials created in the course of business conducted by the United States Federal government, only 1%-3% are so important for legal or historical reasons that they are kept forever. The NARA mission is to provide public access to Federal Government records in their custody and control. Public access to government records strengthens democracy by allowing Americans to claim their rights of citizenship, hold their government accountable, and understand their history so they can participate more effectively in their government.
NARA is in need of Material Handlers to remove records from the Federal Records Center shelving and stack them on pallets for disposal.
- Locate containers
- Remove containers from shelving, check for missing and/or charged out containers, and empty locations immediately
- Place containers on streamliners in order, facing the same direction and with transfer numbers visible
- Initial report and hand over documentation
- Move records to Designated Disposal Review Area
- Stack the records on pallet(s)
- High School graduate or GED equivalent
- Strong attention to detail
- Warehouse experience desired
- Must be able to lift boxes up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to climb ladders to reach shelving up to 14 feet high
To apply, if interested, please apply to job #9269 online at www.cherokee-cnts.com