Company Name: New School
Location: New York, New York
NS short term Events Assistant position w/tuition/health benefits
The New School is seeking a part-time Events Assistant to support conferences, receptions, meetings and other activities for several of its academic programs in the School of Undergraduate Studies (SUS).
The salary is $21.08 per hour. The job begins on September 19, 2016 and will end on June 30, 2017.
The assistant reports to the Director of Administration and works closely with the Program Manager. The assistant is scheduled to work, on average, fewer than 15 hours per week; work hours vary from week to week, depending on the number of events scheduled. Applicants must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes days, evenings and occasional weekends.
Applicants must be available to start work by September 19.
The assistant must have strong writing skills and be comfortable dealing with the public. Proven event or catering experience and some knowledge of audio-visual equipment strongly preferred.
Duties include but are not limited to:
· Assisting with logistics such as processing room reservations, facilities and audio-visual requests, catering orders and University calendar postings;
· Creating and proofreading electronic and print publicity materials;
· Facilitating events, assisting with set-up, troubleshooting during events and helping with cleanup;
· Posting flyers, scheduling targeted emails and social media messages for events;
· Performing clerical duties such as maintaining databases, submitting work orders and responding to e-mail requests.
· Self-starter with excellent customer service skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Google applications
· Strong attention to detail.
· Able to multitask, meet deadlines and work independently.
· A minimum of at least one year of administrative office experience, preferably in an academic setting; ability to meet deadlines in a hectic environment. Strong spreadsheet and database skills; excellent written and verbal facility are required. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Google Docs, are essential. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Please note that this clerical position is associated with the Local 1205 Clerical Union, and employees hired in this position must become a member of the Local 1205. For information regarding the nature of this position, applicants can visit http://www.newschool.edu/forms/hr_contract_local1205.pdf .
Apply with us and discover the rewards and opportunities in working for a world-class, urban university.
Interested candidates must apply online at: https://careers.newschool.edu/postings/13480