BFAIR is currently seeking an experienced Recruiter to join our HR team. The Recruiter will be responsible for all aspects of the hiring process including sourcing, credentialing, interviewing and on-boarding qualified applicants. As the Agency continues to grow, the Recruiter will partner with the Director and with hiring managers to develop and implement effective recruitment strategies to help attract and retain excellent candidates. Primary responsibilities include:
• posting and maintaining all internal and external job postings
• conducting phone screens and 1st interviews and coordinating 2nd
interviews as needed
• checking references and credentials; CORI checking
• completing new hire paperwork and managing on-boarding process
• ensuring procedural compliance with all state and federal hiring requirements
• maintaining monthly hiring and retention reports
• growing applicant sources by building partnerships with schools,
organizations and employers in the community
• attending job fairs and other community events to market the Agency and opportunities for employment
• special projects based on Agency needs
Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree and 1 year administrative experience, preferably in Human Resources required. An Associate’s degree and 5 years’ of related experience may be substituted. Must have excellent communication skills, customer service focused, detail oriented with the ability to successfully multitask.
To apply please email your resume and cover letter to Beth Petropulos at: (413) 664-9382 ext. 13/ email@example.com. Feel free to contact Beth for information about the position.
Company Name: Berkshire Children and Families
Location: Pittsfield, MA
BCF’s Family Resource Center seeks a Highland Street AmeriCorps Ambassador of Mentoring. A newly developed Mentor Network, which will serve as a resource for the community including other mentoring organizations as well as potential mentors and mentees, will be embedded in the Family Resource Center. Specifically, the Coordinator will assist with program development and mentor recruitment and marketing. The goals of the program will be to 1) identify and publicize existing mentoring efforts in Berkshire County; 2) develop an application, screening and training process; and 3) implement a recruiting and marketing campaign for mentoring.
This full-time position ( August 2015 – June 2016) will receive a monthly stipend plus funds for school loans in accordance with AmeriCorps agreement.
To apply, if interested, please send cover letter and resume to Paula McDermott, Berkshire Children and Families, 480 West Street, Pittsfield, MA 01201 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Company Name: ALDI
Location: Pittsfield, MA
ALDI is coming to the Berkshires! Opening in August, ALDI is looking for individuals to fill open positions.
Shift Manager: $16.75
Management Trainee: $25.00
To apply, if interested, please visit aldiuscareers.com/how-to-apply
Company Name: University of Massachusetts Amherst
Location: Amherst, MA
The University of Massachusetts/Amherst invites applicants for the position of Associate Director for Administration. The Associate director of Administration will report to the Deputy of Administration and function as a civilian member of the university of Massachusetts Amherst Police Department Command Staff. The Associate Director for Administration provides leadership and supervision for the administrative functions of the Police Department, including personnel and financial services. this position will oversee personnel services in the department to assure compliance with University policies, bargaining agreements, applicable Jaw and financial plans. The position will also oversee and lead the annual budgeting and planning process; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and change and inform senior leadership of the department’s financial status. Serve as the Chief’s representative in University financial and personnel matters.
Hiring Salary: $49,900 – $62,700 range
Normal Starting Salary: $49,900 – $56,300 range
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, finance, or related field and 5 years of experience required
- Master’s degree in human resources, finance, or related field and 5 years experience preferred
- Demonstrated supervisory experience, including ability to work with diverse staff to achieve goals through collaboration, including ability to work with diverse staff
- Stron interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to interact with a wide range of people to achieve desired outcomes
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and ability to respond quickly and effectively to unanticipated challenged
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Ability to interpret contract and policy issues and exercise good judgment in providing guidance and advice regarding personnel and financial issue
- Experience with databases, enterprise systems such as PeopleSoft, Microsoft office products
To apply, if interested, please compile a resume, cover letter and names and contact information of three (3) reference by June 5, 2015, and apply at umass.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=59060
Company Name: Hilton Garden Inn, Fairfield Inn & Suites
Location: Berkshire County
Great opportunities in the Berkshires! Both Hilton Garden Inn, and Fairfield Inn & Suites have opportunities available.
- Guest Service Representatives
- Night Auditors
- Maintenance Technicians
- Laundry Attendants
- Line Cooks
- Public Space Attendants
WHEN: Tuesday, May 12, 11:00am-3:00pm
WHERE: BerkshireWorks located at 160 North Street, Pittsifeld, MA 01201
To apply, if interested, please visit BerkshireWorks using the information above