The Center School in Holyoke, MA invites applicants for a Licensed Practical Nurse position. Applicants must be a graduate of an accredited LPN program and be licensed as an LPN by the MA Board of Registration in Nursing; experience working with children with severe special needs is strongly preferred. Hours of this position are flexible during the school day (Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m to 3:30 p.m.) and can be full-time, part-time or per diem. Salary/wage rate is commensurate with education and years of experience.
Position Overview: The LPN is responsible for providing clinical support to the Registered Nurses by providing high quality nursing care services to students in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Provides administration of medication, documentation and assists with inventory.
- Provides first aid/medical treatment for students and coordinates with case manager and parent/guardian any need for follow up treatment.
- Provides emergency first aid for work related staff injury and recommends appropriate medical follow up.
- Provides mandated periodic student health screening assessments.
- Assesses students after physical restraint and records/maintains appropriate documentation.
- Maintains student health records and ensures that records are complete and up to date.
- Understands Individual Health Plans as indicated and provides relevant information to staff to assist in students’ care.
- Assists teachers with health groups as indicated; researches information if indicated.
- Maintains contact with health care providers and school staff as indicated.
- Serves as a contact for school psychiatrist and school physician.
- Participates in supervision and maintains a commitment to professional development.
- Remains current and knowledgeable in all federal and state regulations, including Department of Public Health and DESE.
- Maintains professional licensure and participates in conferences, workshops or other courses for professional development.
- Facilitates the dissemination of student information through participation in morning and afternoon meetings, as needed.
- Liaisons with outside agencies and authorities, including medical providers and school district personnel, and represents school in a professional manner at community meetings and events.
- Attends all scheduled school meetings and trainings.
- Provides/assists with mentoring and training to staff, including orientation training and annual training in bloodborne pathogens, emergency procedures, etc.
Please submit a letter of interest and resume by May 27, 2016 to:
Human Resources, The Center School, 1913 Northampton Street, Holyoke, MA 01040
or via email to: email@example.com