Per Diem Social Worker – Monterey, MA
Harvest Barn Baker/Work Leader - Monterey, MA
Farm Assistant (Livestock Manager) – Monterey, MA
Kitchen Work Team Leader – Monterey, MA
Positions are filled by individuals with expertise in a variety of disciplines including social work, culinary arts, farming, finance, administration, marketing and human resources. On-the-job and in-service training and supervision are part of Gould Farm’s pledge to provide a meaningful work experience for its employees. Staff and their families are expected to make a long-term commitment to the work and lifestyle of the Farm.
The Farm provides housing on the campus as well as food and other benefits including health insurance and paid vacation.
To apply for a salaried position send a cover letter and resume to:
|Michael J. Covell
|Human Resources Director
|PO Box 157
|Monterey, MA 01245-0157
|Phone: 413-528-1804 x17
Anetics is a small software development firm with offices located at the Clocktower Business Park in Pittsfield. We have an opening for an entry level position in application support, development, testing and/or documentation. I would like to post the following job opening on your Job Board or however you may communicate this through the Career Services or Placement Office.
Job Description :
Help to develop, deploy, test and support computer software applications. Analyze business requirements, plan solutions, write technical documentation, create software and database objects, prepare and implement test plans.
Provide customer support with deployment and use of products. Benefit plan includes medical and dental insurance, paid vacation, holidays, and 401k eligibility after one-year of employment.
|Academic or professional experience with software development. The ability to write clear and concise technical documents. Practical experience with a relational database an advantage. Good communication skills in writing and in use of the telephone. Critical-thinking and decision-making skills. A can-do attitude with the ability to work independently.
Familiarity with the Microsoft Windows® operating system as an application or host server environment and an understanding of one or more application or database programming languages a huge plus. For more information please send an e-mail inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org
DEPARTMENT OF PERSONNEL, CITY HALL, 70 ALLEN STREET, ROOM 107, PITTSFIELD, MA 01201 PHONE: 413-499-9340
SUPERVISORY AND PROFESSIONAL UNION
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SERVICES
The City of Pittsfield is seeking a qualified individual to fill the position of Fleet Manager. The Fleet Manager is responsible for the effective management and organization of all transportation activity including fleet administrative standards and vehicle operating policies for all City vehicles. The Fleet Manager will be responsible with vehicle maintenance; health and safety; speed and fuel management; and supervision of the City vehicle inspection program. The manager will supervise and work with journeymen mechanics in the repair and maintenance of motor equipment, and assign daily work tasks while enforcing safety regulations. The desired candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management, or related field is preferred.
- Five years relevant experience or more repairing automotive vehicles and construction equipment, including supervisory experience.
- Certification by the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence for medium/heavy duty truck brakes. (Obtained within 6 months of appointment) ASE medium/heavy duty truck certification in gasoline engines, diesel engines, drive train, suspension and steering, or electrical systems. (Obtained within one year of appointment)
- Solid interpersonal skills. Ability to use a computer for maintenance of records and other garage data.
Monday-Friday, 40 hours
$23.99 per hour
Deadline: Tuesday, April 22, 2014
Interested candidates should forward application and resume with cover letter to:
City Hall, Personnel Department
70 Allen Street, Room #107
Pittsfield, MA 01201
Job Opening at Jacob’s Pillow Dance Festival: Onsite Nurse
Jacob’s Pillow Dance Festival, located in Becket, MA, seeks a full-time (5 days a week), seasonal RN/LPN with an active Massachusetts license and recent (within 2 years) related experience. The position is responsible for caring for and managing triage for dance students, full-time and seasonal staff, interns, Festival performers, and Festival audience members. Care includes but is not limited to: managing dancer and audience injuries; attending to minor infectious diseases; referrals to area health care facilities; and collaborating with other Pillow staff and PCPs to provide as needed care for people here onsite.
Dates of tenure: May 19 through August 29, 2014; 9am to 6pm Wednesday through Sunday. Benefits include complimentary dining (3 meals daily); access to performances based on availability; on-site housing is negotiable. Part-time applicants will be considered; full-time availability strongly preferred. Preferred candidates will also have experience with sports medicine or physical therapy. Salary based on days available and experience
To apply please email resume and references to email@example.com with” Nurse Application” in the subject line. Applications are under immediate review.
p: 413.243.9919 X 141
Job Title: Environmental, Health & Safety Manager
Overview: Crane is hiring! We’re looking for an Environmental, Health & Safety Manager to join our U.S. Government Products, Currency Division based in Dalton. We look for bright, hard-working people who want to be a part of a world-class organization.
In this position you will provide leadership, direction & oversight for developing, implementing, & maintaining the policies, programs, & procedures within the Environmental, Health and Safety Management System; ensuring compliance with ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, OSHA, EPA, FERC, DOT, MA DEP and other Federal, State, and Local environmental, health & safety and regulatory requirements, including all applicable internal & external reporting requirements, are performed accurately and in a timely manner.
Specific accountabilities include:
- 100% Environmental Compliance with all applicable regulations
- Allow for uninterrupted manufacturing operations
- Drive efficiency and accuracy in compliance reporting
- Drive strategic efforts to ensure continued compliance based on knowledge/updates of new/current Environmental law promulgation
- Operational oversight of Waste Water Treatment Plant and associated company infrastructure to meet EHS program requirements/goals
- Oversee Universal and Solid waste management
- Maintain policies and procedures on use of Hazardous Chemicals. Maintain MSDS database and communication requirements
- Ensure working environment is safe and free of hazardous chemicals and unsafe conditions
- Provide technical support and assistance to Operations Managers/Engineers regarding work environment concerns
- Maintain, schedule, and report on EHS training and develop HSE training materials as directed
- Analyze and select appropriate training options, including use of third party vendors, modification of commercial materials to fit needs, etc.
- Provide EHS briefings and training sessions as appropriate to fulfill regulatory requirements and foster a safe working environment
Bachelor’s degree in Environmental, Engineering, Safety or Industrial Hygiene, related field or equivalent
- Eight to ten years in a paper manufacturing or similar industrial manufacturing environment with emphasis on equipment, chemical and material handling safety
- Extensive knowledge of Federal Environmental Law including Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, Superfund Act, and Mass. State Environmental regulations including Air, Water, Solids Waste, Wetlands, Greenhouse Gas regulations
- Proven leadership and influencing skills
- Strong business and EHS process driven mindset
- Analytical skills and experience in Project Management, problem solving, root cause analysis, sense of urgency and relentless passion for achieving results
- Experience successfully implementing behavior based safety programs
- Experience implementing ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 systems
- Experience with state and federal OSHA regulations as well as other regulatory standards (i.e. ANSI, NIOSH, NFPA, NEC)
- Experience recognizing, evaluating, and recommending controls for workplace hazards as well as work -related injury and illness
- Demonstrated knowledge of documentation development procedures
- Excellent verbal and written (technical) communication skills and strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, and foster a compliant / safety-first culture in the workplace
- High energy/self-motivated/change agent with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers
- Ability to plan, schedule, and coordinate individual project activities within a larger project
- Ability to pass and maintain security clearance with the US Treasury Department