Job Title: Item Master Specialist
# Positions: 1
Crane is hiring! We’re looking for an Item Master Specialist to join our Stationery Division, based in North Adams, MA. We look for bright, hard-working people who want to be a part of a world-class organization.
This role will work collaboratively across the entire organization, and specifically works to ensure that all new items are supported by the correct BOMs and Routers within the JD Edwards MRP system, and that the cost of these new items has already been established via the cost roll process. This includes working with confidential costing and pricing data, where the effect of any disclosure would probably be significantly detrimental to the company.
To support these activities, the Item Master Specialist will have frequent contact with team members from different departments and levels within the organization, dealing with a variety of data sources and involved with duties that vary from simple to complicated and complex. In general, the Item Master Specialist will work on regular and routine duties with minimal supervision whereby errors in quality of work may go (initially) unnoticed.
- Creates new item masters, including BOMs and Routers in JD Edwards for all new Boxed assembly FG SKUs, Personalized products in albums, and the components required to manufacture such items.
- Confirms understanding of requirements for new items such as base materials, units of measure, quantities and sizing, as communicated by the Project Coordinator according to the timing and procedural direction of Product Development Manager.
- Perform cost roll activities on all newly created items in accordance with the timing and procedural direction of the Finance Manager.
- Plan, review and release all work orders related to initial production of new items in accordance with the timing and procedural direction of the Supply Chain Manager.
- Audits results of all newly created BOMs and Routers for accuracy and informs Finance Manager and Supply Chain Manager of variances beyond allowed norms.
- Executes daily maintenance activities in regards to correcting or editing BOMs and Routers based upon changes in production methods or error correction stemming from root cause problem solving activities.
- Actively participates in related activities, including (but not limited to): variance reporting and resolution; discontinued and obsolete inventory transactions; product development project meetings; continuous improvement kaizen events; supply chain team meetings; cycle counting and inventory adjustments, etc.
- Responsible for creating all new BOMs and Routers in accordance with the project schedules published by Product Development, and informing Supply Chain Manager if dates will not be met for any reason.
- For items being discontinued by supply partners, works with purchasing associates, and once they have identified and developed substitute components, ensures that BOMs and Routers reflect the necessary changes on the effective date, and communicates change to both production and inventory teams appropriately.
- Works with product development, finance, supply chain and information technology to migrate personalized items from OMS to the JDE platform if and when such an initiative is undertaken to standardize and streamline operations.
- Maintains status codes and other fields in JDE as required or directed.
- Partners with operational team members to reclassify inventory to appropriate status as product moves through life cycle from active to discontinued and obsolete.
- Creates Kanban cards for new items in accordance with the direction and methodology provided by the Supply Chain Manager.
- Reviews the item master creation process to identify opportunities for improvements in terms of quality, delivery and total cost.
- Creates and maintains all documents and metrics required or requested by Supply Chain Manager, and manages all material and information flows related to the item master creation process.
- Other tasks, duties and responsibilities as assigned by Supply Chain Manager.
- Education and experience normally associated with an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree and 4-7 years of relevant manufacturing experience related to BOMs, Routers and the configuration of data within an MRP or ERP system as it relates to the accounting requirements and financial impacts on the business.
- Self-motivated, flexible, dynamic, and proactive individual with the ability to work either independently or in a team as conditions require.
- Strong working knowledge of both JD Edwards and Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated advanced professional presence and communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in managing internal and external communication.
- High degree of financial, quantitative, and analytical skills.
- Experience with the paper (printing) industry is desired.
- Driver’s license to travel between Company locations and into the field as well as to other locations and/or supplier locations, using own car.
- Ability to pass a background check and have a signed Company Confidentiality Agreement on file in the Human Resources Department
Crane offers a competitive benefits package to full-time employees, including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, a 401k match and more. Qualified candidates are invited to apply via our careers page at www.careersatcrane.com.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.