edm is looking for dynamic self-starters to join our team! Could that be you? The right candidate must be interested in having fun, enjoying what they do, and have the right skill set to contribute to edm’s continued growth. The current positions available for the candidate are as followed:
Licensed Professional Engineer, Mechanical:
Experience in HVAC and Plumbing. Experience in Fire Protection Systems and CAD/BIM preferred but not required.
Electrical and Mechanical Engineer/Designer:
Minimum 2 year experience in the design/engineering of commercial and/or industrial projects. CAD/BIM experience required.
Please send resume to:
edm Services, Inc
166 East Street
Pittsfield, MA 01201
We’re looking for Rotary Boiler Set Up / Movepeople to join our Currency Division, based in Dalton, MA. We look for bright, hard-working and team oriented people who want to be a part of a world-class organization. This is an rotating shift, entry-level position in the Raw Materials line of progression. The starting rate for this position is $18.45/hr. plus shift differential.
The Boiler Set Up person’s primary responsibility is the safe set up and loading of materials so that production and quality of cooked cotton and linen is maximized. The incumbent must keep accurate records of incoming materials and material usage. This position is responsible for the appearance of the work area, which begins at the loading docks and runs to the boiler loading area. The Boiler Set Up/ Move Person, with the help from supervision, must complete the Boiler Set Up Person’s Training Plan prior to performing the job independently.
- Assist the Boiler Operator in the loading of the boiler feed conveyor by cutting wires and removing wires and sacking from the bales
- Assist the Boiler Operator in the loading of the rotary boiler by directing the material into the boiler from the feed conveyor
- Isolate nonconforming material according to documented procedures
- Install and remove the rotary boiler head
- Receive incoming bales on the second and third shifts
- Maintain records of inventory and bale usage
- Enter Bale Usage into computer
- Dispose of burnable waste to the compactor
- Bail burlap
- Ensure the fork trucks are charged
- Inspect the fork trucks and completing the checklist at the beginning of each shift
- Maintain a clean work area that includes the loading docks, elevator, bale storage room, boiler feed conveyor loading area and boiler loading area
- Communicate problems to the other team members and supervision
- Identify mechanical problems and taking corrective action or notifying supervision
- Adhere to all required operating procedures and manufacturing run sheets
- Perform any other duties requested by your supervisor
- Attend all required training
- Willingness to learn the job of Boiler Operator
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Basic mathematical skills
- Ability to use and read a ruler
- Ability to understand and follow operating/safe job procedures
- Ability to read, write, keep neat and accurate records, and follow written and verbal instructions
- Be able to perform all physical requirements of the job and work in a safe manner
- Ability to fully understand the quality requirements of Crane & Co. products, and his/her role in ensuring this quality
- Ability to pass the Industrial Power Truck licensing requirements
- Must be willing and able to work at any Company location as needed
- Must be willing and able to work any shift arrangement and overtime as needed
Crane offers a competitive benefits package to full-time employees, including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, a 401k match and more.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply via our careers page at www.careersatcrane.com
The Carpenter position includes all duties which are to be performed in accordance with building codes and standard trade practices, and/or to supervise skilled or unskilled woodworking duties in: construction, alteration and repair of structures, buildings, fixtures, equipment, and other articles made of wood, or any material used in the construction of buildings. Work also involves performance of routine manual labor and any maintenance duties necessary to carpentry work. This position includes the duties of performing inspections, maintenance and repair of all buildings and other structures needed, on a scheduled maintenance program or handling emergency repair problems. Candidates should be familiar with Pittsfield area in regards to location of City Buildings and Schools. Candidates must be fully capable of operating all machines, devices & tools used in carpentry work.
Salary range: $39,800 – $43,659 Monday-Friday, 40 hours
- Perform all manual duties related to the general maintenance of all city owned buildings as assigned. May be required to work with other trades where necessary.
- Constructs, alters and repairs structures, buildings, furniture, equipment & fixtures.
- Performs such activities as measuring, sawing, squaring, drilling, sanding, fitting, fastening, planning & painting.
- Repair & maintenance of all overhead doors, chains, cables, springs & adjustments. Able to lay out & install all types of ceilings.
- Repair windows, frames and screens; and installs glass or poly-carbonate sheet. Repairs roofs including patching, TPO, PVC, EPDM.
- Performs other duties as required, including snow plowing and shoveling.
- Valid Massachusetts Class D license.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Possession of a Massachusetts Construction Supervisor License, without restrictions.
- At least four (4) years’ experience in carpentry trade.
- Knowledge of the materials, methods, tools and techniques of carpentry trade.
- Ability to work from plans and specifications, and to follow rough sketches and oral instructions.
- Ability to lay out own work and perform tasks with little technical supervision.
Deadline: Friday, April 24, 2015
To apply, please visit our careers page, https://CityOfPittsfield.Hyrell.com
Location: Lee, Massachusetts
Boyd Technologies is an ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 certified advanced flexible materials company providing material sourcing, technology development and precision converting services for global OEM partners. Boyd Technologies has an immediate opening for an enthusiastic Customer Service Representative to join our Sales team. The selected candidate will participate in a variety of office and administrative activities related to the fulfillment of sales orders and act as the central point of contact for all customer communication with the Company. The CSR will develop and enhance their professional skills in the growing medical device industry with an accessible senior leadership that is passionate about developing and investing the next generation of leaders.
- Order entry and fulfilment; inputting appropriate customer related data into Boyd internal systems, and coordinating with internal resources to assist in scheduling and other logistics related to customer orders
- Provide invoices, shipping confirmations, and all other records and reports to customers
- Provide ongoing and timely support to sales managers, both regional and in-house
- Respond to customer requests, inquiries, and problems with appropriate urgency and professionalism; problem solving on behalf of customers and acting as the voice of the customer
- Complete pricing and part set up and changes in Boyd internal systems
- Answer all incoming calls and direct to appropriate personnel
- Associates degree with two years related experience preferred
- OR in lieu of degree, four or more years related experience
- Able to execute responsibilities in accordance with prescribed business development procedures
- Able to become proficient in The Company’s CRM and other software tools
- Demonstrates effective and consistently professional and pleasant communication and interpersonal skills with internal personnel, vendors, prospects and customers
- Developed abilities in problem solving, anticipating needs, taking initiative, follow through, prioritizing work, organization and working at a high level of detail
Boyd Technologies Provides:
- A strong base and incentive compensation plan
- Competitive Medical/Dental/Life/Disability/Retirement/Paid Time Off Benefits
- A small, friendly, challenging and impactful work environment and responsibilities
Apply today for consideration for this immediate opening to firstname.lastname@example.org
Lenco is seeking an experienced and energetic Production Coordinator to work in our Manufacturing Production Facility. Primary responsibilities include tracking and reporting of vehicle production hours, support of basic root cause analyses and general coordination with the Production Manager on a day-to-day basis, as necessary. This position requires excellent communication and conflict resolution skills, as well as the ability to work well under pressure and in a fast paced environment. Qualified candidates should also possess computer skills (Microsoft Office), database management experience and manufacturing production experience.
9-5:30pm, lunch 12-12:30pm, Monday through Friday
- Collect, Analyze and Input Project / Vehicle Production Hour Forms into monthly chart
- Update existing sub-assembly time study chart on an ongoing basis
- Daily meetings with Production Manager to discuss key ‘work in progress’ focus points
- Utilize Hour Forms and Work in Progress Issues to identify day-to-day production needs
- Assist the various production supervisors with work in progress, as necessary
- Address real-time production issues as they arise, including material shortages, engineering discrepancies and production flow inefficiencies
- Support Quality Control functions, as necessary
- Conduct Process Mapping and Value Stream Mapping, as directed by the Production Manager
- High School Diploma
- 3-5 Years’ Experience in a Manufacturing Production Facility preferred
- Metal Fabrication experience a plus
- Automotive Experience a plus
- Strong technical skills (i.e., Manufacturing, Mechanical, Automotive)
- Computer and software skills
- Quality Assurance
- Basic Lean Manufacturing Principles
- Leadership skills, include setting pace, decisiveness, team development, ability to influence, organizational awareness
- Interpersonal skills, including relationship building, teamwork, and conflict resolution
- Communication skills, including writing and verbal, persuasive impact and listening
- Judgment and strategic thinking, creativity, decision-making and strong problem solving skills
- Performance minded with strong attention to detail, planning and organizing
- Positive Personal characteristics, including motivation/commitment, flexibility, assertiveness , results orientation, resilience and quality orientation
Visit www.LencoArmor.com to learn more
Please follow this April link to view all current opportunities.