Sabic Technician in Pittsfield Massachusetts United States
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
Introduction: SABIC is the second largest diversified chemical company in the world. We employ 40,000 people globally and have locations in 40 countries. SABIC’s Innovative Plastics business is a leading, global supplier of engineering thermoplastics with an 80-year history of breakthrough solutions that solve its customers’ most pressing challenges. The company continues to lead the plastics industry with customer collaboration and continued investments in new polymer technologies, global application development, process technologies, and environmentally responsible solutions that serve diverse markets such as automotive, electronics, building & construction, transportation, and healthcare.
Global Application Technology (GApT) drives growth for SABIC Innovative Plastics resins through application development. We are currently seeking a technician at our application development center in Pittsfield, MA to develop lamination, fabrication, and insert molding capabilities.
The ideal candidate is mechanically inclined and enjoys hands-on process development activities; has a proven ability to solve problems with innovative solutions; and thrives in a team atmosphere.
Key Responsibilities 1. Work with collaboration partners and suppliers to conduct lamination trials and end product performance testing to screen adhesive systems. Assist team with the specification and/or modification of a roll to roll lab line. Work may include some limited travel.
- Develop and/or refine fabrication methods for converting laminates. Operate fabrication equipment to supply downstream processing.
- Conduct insert molding injection molding processing trials with commercial and developmental resins, optimizing processing conditions using data acquisition software and end-product performance testing.
- Maintain processing and testing equipment to assure safe and reliable operation. Identify and support equipment improvements.
- Document results of experiments including processing and testing conditions. Work with engineering staff in interpreting results for reports.
Level: Grade 10 Technician – Non-exempt
- Minimum of 5 years of related work experience
- You must submit your application for employment online to be considered. Please submit your resume using the apply online option on this page.
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
- You must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process
- You must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
- Proven ability to operate equipment used in plastics processing, such as injection molding machines, extruders, and lamination equipment.
- Experience with fabrication techniques including woodworking, glass cutting, machining, and plastic fabrication.
- Knowledgeable in experimental design methodology and practice.
- Proficient with Microsoft office tools – Excel, Word & Powerpoint
- Associates or advanced degree in math/science/technology.
Please visit us at www.sabic.com/careers to learn more about SABIC.
We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package and the professional advantages of an environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Together, we are even better! At SABIC, we get how business works and what brings sustained growth and market leadership. Our ultimate goal is to power our customers’ competitive advantage for the long term.
It is from a deep understanding of our customers’ commercial ambitions that we challenge the status quo – working relentlessly to deliver on that challenge.
We seek the best and the brightest employees throughout the world to become part of our vision.
You are ambitious and talented. You are looking for a career that will equip you to make the best of your strengths, both personally and professionally. That is why we are pleased you are visiting our careers website.
Saudi Basic Industries Corporation – SABIC – is a highly successful, rapidly expanding global manufacturer of chemicals, fertilizers, metals and plastics. We are as ambitious as you are and we have the track record to match.
SABIC prides itself on its world class expertise and technology, its ability to create specific solutions to meet individual customers’ circumstances and needs, its global reach and product depth, and commitment to a sustainable future.
We intend to be the preferred world leader in chemicals. To achieve our vision, we need to attract, develop and retain dedicated people of your caliber.
That is why this is the perfect time to build our futures together. Our comprehensive training and development programs are among the best in the petrochemical industry. Our pay and reward packages are always competitive and we offer you career opportunities in a diversity of disciplines and locations worldwide.
Choosing an employer is among the most important choices you will ever make.
Disclaimer: SABIC is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of SABIC about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at SABIC via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of SABIC; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by SABIC as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.
Position Title: Technician
Auto Req ID: 5145BR
Relocation Assistance: No
Functional Work Area: Operations, Other
Country: United States of America
State/Province: Massachusetts (MA)