Reflection on my Capstone Project

My  season at Berkshire Community College has been less about the academics and more about the personal milestones that I’ve achieved as a student at BCC. For my Capstone Project, I created a blueprint for a new concentration to be added to the Liberal Arts Program: Disability Studies: Advocacy Concentration.  I chose to pursue this project for many reasons.  Often students come to college ill-prepared to advocate for their needs.  This is especially true for individuals with disabilities.  With this reality in mind, I created this concentration specifically for individuals with disabilities who are brand-new to college.  Students with disabilities comprise 17% of the total student population at Berkshire Community College; so I wanted to create an avenue for more awareness of students with disabilities on campus going forward.  Therefore, the concentration would seek to empower students with disabilities to become future self-advocates.  Although this isn’t an actual concentration that BCC offers yet, I hope it will be at some point in the future!

Skip to toolbar