Millennials Give Both Time and Money to Community

From: Huffington Post – Full Article

“Results from the 2014 Millennial Impact Report by consulting firm Achieve are in, and it turns out today’s young professionals think giving back to their communities is important. According to the report, 47 percent of the 1,514 employed millennials surveyed said they had volunteered for a cause or nonprofit in the past month, and 57 percent wanted to see more company-wide volunteer opportunities through their employer.”

In BCC News:

At the end of each semester, BCC Service-Learning surveys students to find out “What influenced your decision to participate in Service-Learning?” 51% the 114 students surveyed between spring 2012 and spring 2014 indicated “I wanted to give my time to help my community” and 40% agreed with the statement “I believe I have a responsibility to work with others to improve my community.” 92% of students strongly agreed or agreed with the statement: “I would choose to do service-learning again, if presented with the option.” On average, 120 students participate in Service-Learning each year at BCC. The national trend suggests that as service opportunities grow, so will participation among Millennials. (The birth years of Millennials range from the early 1980’s to the early 2000’s.)

For more inspiration, check out the profiles of “8 Millennials who ditched Wall Street for”…a social cause.