Hello Happiness

Welcome back readers! Today is a Throwback Thursday, just in case you are confused on what day it is , like many of us may be. I hope you’re all staying healthy and following CDC recommendations as we continue to try to flatten the curve. Even in these difficult times it is important that we try our best to have a positive outlook and attitude toward our situation. Were there is a great deal of stress and anxiety in our everyday lives we can help reduce it with finding happiness and gratitude in what we do have.Happy Scrabbles TilesToday we are going to look at some tips on happiness and gratitude to hopefully help you get through these trying times. Staying healthy is vital in these recent days and being happy is one way to stay healthy so, Let’s get happy! Finding happiness in these uncertain and difficult times can be difficult yet, not impossible. By taking a few minutes a day to focus on happiness and gratitude you can really improve your overall mood and start to see positive changes in your life. Everyone has different hobbies, goals, interests and people in their lives who bring them happiness, so take some time to discover what and who makes you happy.

Happiness is within your reach, so go out and grab it!

Check out the video below that offers helpful tips on ways to increase your happiness, even in difficult times. Happiness is something we can all cultivate within ourselves if we just put in a bit of effort. Try some of the suggestions in this video to increase your happiness and if you already practice these behaviors, keep it up!

One of the things that helps us live a happy life is having gratitude. Being grateful and appreciative for what we have, as well as who we have in our lives can have a substantial affect on our our happiness. You can practice gratitude in many ways, one of my favorites is to keep a gratitude journal. This is a specific journal where I write the things I am grateful for that day. It can be something small like being grateful for receiving a call from a friend or getting a unexpected break in your day to relax. You can also write about being grateful for things like forgiveness, kindness, hope, and personal growth. There is an endless list of ways to express gratitude in your life and each of us has different ways we do this.

Keeping a daily gratitude journal is a great way to help increase happiness.

Another way I practice gratitude is by expressing my gratefulness to those who have been helpful to me in my life on a regular basis. Weather it be through text, email, Skype  or FaceTime, you can always take a moment to let those you care about know you are grateful to have them in your lives. Letting a friend, family member or co-worker know how appreciative you are for them is a great way to start a thread of gratitude that may extend to others through those individuals own acts of gratitude. Not only does gratitude bring happiness to our lives, it also has the potential to bring a sense of togetherness in these times of fear and uncertainty. This video below explains the science of gratitude and why it helps us increase our happiness.

Finding ways to increase your happiness and having more gratitude can improve your attitude, perspective, mood and possibly even lead to more success in your life. Happiness is something you do have control over in your life in these difficult times and there is a lot to be happy and grateful for. I am grateful sign I personally am grateful for my family and friends and all the support and love they offer. I am  grateful for a chance to get an education and have wonderful professors who really care about helping students succeed. I am also extremely grateful for all of those individuals who are putting themselves at risk to help others during this time.  What are you grateful for today?  Is their someone in your life you can extend gratitude toward?  And, often the hardest question of all is, what makes you happy? With all this time at home maybe take a minute and ask yourself this question. Who knows, you might find you have more to be grateful for and happy about then you thought.

What makes you happy?  How do you express gratitude?

I hope these tips and videos were helpful in increasing your happiness and gratitude today. I will be back tomorrow with more ideas to help you find your happy place.

Please remember to wash your hands, stay home if you can, practice social distancing and wear a mask to protect the most vulnerable among us.

I am writing this blog to be helpful to you all out there during this turbulent time and am looking for your feedback. Please feel free to leave your comments, questions and suggestions under the Contact Me tab at the top of the page. You can subscribe to this blog by clicking on the Subscribe button in the lower right corner. Just enter your email address and receive Self-Care Corner in your inbox every morning! Isn’t that wonderful?

In addition, you can now find Self-Care Corner on Twitter @selfcarecorners, where I will be posting daily affirmations and ways to cope with these changing times. I hope this will help others feel less alone, more relaxed and more empowered to practice self-care.