Welcome!

Welcome to the BCC Engineering and Technology Programs Blog. I hope to make this a fun site for visitors to see what exciting things are happening in the Engineering and Technology Dept. at Berkshire Community College. I invite visitors to browse through our programs pages to see the kinds of offerings we have to meet students’ educational needs.

I will soon begin adding photos, videos, and descriptions of our facilities and staff in action. We have several new updated labs that we are very proud of, and that offer students a chance to learn important new skills and knowledge using wonderful modern equipment in some brand new laboratory classrooms.
Like many Community Colleges we are very proud of our small intimate classroom settings where staff can give nearly individual attention to the students’ learning experience. Our programs involve a great deal of inter-department cooperation amongst a close knit group of highly skilled and knowledgeable Professors and Instructors from the contributing Departments.
Also, I will try to keep up with a number of on-going and upcoming activities, events, new course offerings, and articles spotlighting some of our outstanding students, and their accomplishments, through timely Posts. In my first Post, I’ll be talking about our fun and rewarding Legos Robotics programs involving our Service Learning student’s and our work with several of the cities Elementary schools. I am also very excited about some upcoming intensive training programs for alternative energy systems. We are going to offer two new courses this coming Spring related to the Installation and Technical Design issues associated with Photovoltaic (PV) Energy Systems. We have some modern Solar, Wind Turbine, and Hybrid Systems training equipment that will be used for the courses. Look for the Posts in the near future!

John Tatro – Assistant Professor of Engineering