Job Title: Strategic Buyer
# Positions: 1
Crane is hiring! We’re looking for a Strategic Buyer to join our Stationery Division, based in North Adams, MA. We look for bright, hard-working people who want to be a part of a world-class organization.
This role will work collaboratively across the entire organization, and specifically work to support outsourcing initiatives to support on-time customer deliveries and deliver cost reductions within the supply chain. This includes monitoring adherence to the outsourcing process and verifying that all internal partners (manufacturing, quality assurance, information technologies, etc.) are involved and are providing necessary inputs to the process to ensure target outcomes are met.
Support and involvement in the design and implementation of outsourcing policies and strategies that deliver the best total value for the Crane Stationery business unit are also critical in this position. This position develops and fosters positive strategic alliances with local, regional and domestic suppliers, and will represent Crane in a global setting with both Customers and Suppliers in a professional and technically proficient manner.
- Executes the purchasing/procurement aspect of outsourcing activities and takes a leadership role in ensuring that the process is followed by all functional areas for all major outsourcing initiatives.
- Develops meaningful Key Performance Indicators (i.e. Supplier Scorecards) and measures performance via such information.
- Documents, manages and institutes changes related to the outsourcing process.
- Reviews the local and regional market for new suppliers to identify opportunities for improvements in terms of quality, delivery and total cost.
- Assesses supply base and evaluates where changes and developments are needed.
- Fosters relationships with suppliers to create short and long term value to the company. Negotiates outsourcing contracts to ensure stable, reliable sources of capacity for planned and unplanned demand variation.
- Partners with operational team members to optimize inventory levels and improve processes, as well as material and information flows.
- Supports effective internal Kanban process and extends its use to the external supply base in an appropriate and cost-effective manner for both parties.
- Self-motivated, flexible, dynamic, and proactive individual with the ability to work either independently or in a team as conditions require.
- Demonstrated advanced professional presence and communication skills to represent Crane with suppliers and customers.
- Demonstrated excellence in managing internal and external communication.
- Familiarity with legal aspects of contract language for negotiation purposes.
- High degree of financial, quantitative, and analytical skills.
- Bachelor degree in Supply Chain Management or related area desirable with extensive sourcing exposure and coursework.
- Experience with the paper (printing) industry and/or strategic sourcing desired.
- Driver’s license to travel between Company locations and into the field as well as to other locations and/or supplier locations, using own car.
Crane offers a competitive benefits package to full-time employees, including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, a 401k match and more. Qualified candidates are invited to apply via our careers page at www.careersatcrane.com.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.