Archives for Job Openings
Senator Ben Downing (D-Pittsfield) is seeking applicants for an Executive Assistant/Scheduler position within his Pittsfield office, to work 20 hours/week.
The primary responsibilities of the position include:
• Managing the Senator’s calendar: working with the Senator and Chief of Staff to confirm his availability and participation in meetings, events, speaking engagements, etc. as invitations are received while also scheduling meetings/functions/events per the Senator and Chief of Staff’s direction;
• Maintain all details of the Senator’s calendar so that every appointment is up-to-date and correct at all times. Confirm that all appointments are correctly entered on calendar. Ensure that directions, contact information and talking points are attached, as necessary;
• Provide reception duties for the District Office: answering and routing incoming calls; greeting visitors, expected and walk-in; opening and distributing incoming mail; and working with other members of the staff to order and coordinate proper delivery of Senate Citations.
Secondary responsibilities: On occasion the Executive Assistant/Scheduler may be required to support the Senator or other team members with additional projects or assignments, such as following up on constituent casework inquiries; drafting official correspondence; data entry; or attending a district event or meeting with/on behalf of the Senator.
Qualifications: The Executive Assistant/Scheduler must be highly motivated, able to multi-task with ease in a fast-paced environment, possess excellent customer service skills, have experience using MS Office and other computer software programs and have exceptional attention to detail.
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field;
• Working knowledge of the Massachusetts Legislature, legislative process and constituent services; and
• Resident of the Berkshire, Hampshire, Franklin & Hampden Senate District.
This position is located in the Senator’s downtown Pittsfield district office, although infrequent travel to the Massachusetts State House may be required. The Executive Assistant/Scheduler reports to the Chief of Staff.
The working hours of this position are Monday-Friday, 10:00am-2:00pm (20 hours/week). Occasional event coverage outside of this schedule may be required.
The salary is $15/hour; employee is eligible for state employee benefits, including health and vision insurance and entry into the state retirement system.
Applicants should submit a resume to Bethann Steiner, the Senator’s Chief of Staff, with a one-page cover letter briefly summarizing their interest in and qualifications for the position by email no later than 4:30pm on Friday, December 5, 2014.
Building Maintenance Foreman, Pittsfield (full-time)
Community Enterprises Day Activites Staff, Greenfield (full-time)
Community Enterprises Direct Care Staff, Pittsfield (part-time)
Staff Assistant-Program Specialist CSSE, North Adams (full-tme)
Baba Louie’s Positions, Pittsfield