Company Name: College Internship Program (CIP)
Location: Berkshire County
Founded in 1984, the College Internship Program (CIP) is one of the most comprehensive programs in the world for assisting young adults with Asperger’s, High-functioning Autism, ADHD, NLD and other Learning Differences. Our Mission is to inspire independence and expand the foundation on which young adults can build happy and productive lives.
We offer full year and summer programs in Massachusetts, Florida, Indiana, California and New York. We have a comprehensive curriculum with a focus on helping post-secondary students succeed in college, employment, and independent living while making the transition from adolescence to young adulthood. The CIP program focuses on real-life skills in areas such as social thinking, executive functioning, sensory processing and wellness.
Our Berkshire Center location is currently accepting resumes for part-time Social Mentor positions. Mentors accompany students on outings connecting a student’s special interests with opportunities to practice social competencies. By working in a variety of relaxed and real-world settings, students improve social skills and enhance college success. CIP hires Social Mentors that share interests, have strong values and experience in the social service field.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet with students as scheduled to role model, teach and practice social skills in the larger community
- Involve students in every day, real life experiences by accompanying them to local venues, college clubs, community activities and places that match their area of interest in order to practice their social skills.
- Follow the social skills curriculum and improvise as needed on an individual basis
- Attend weekly social thinking meetings to coordinate and establish proper student goals and plans
- Document student information in an online system
- Make suggestions for the development of improved social skills curriculum
- Bachelor’s degree with experience in a social services field
- Experience in the field of autism and/or learning disabilities preferred
- Strong values and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal, written, organization and time management skills
- Belief in and knowledge of the potential abilities and skills of people living with learning and attention differences, Asperger’s, high functioning autism, and related hidden learning differences
- Competent in word processing software
- Valid driver’s license with a clean record
To apply, if interested, please visit the Jobs page at cipworldwide.org/jobs
Interested candidates should submit a resume, salary expectation, and a cover letter detailing how your experience meets the requirements of the position