Human Resources Unlimited
Position: Clubhouse Unit Coordinator
Open Until Filled
Program/Dept: ODYSSEY HOUSE – A clubhouse model program located in Holyoke which provides employment, job readiness, education and other support services to adults with mental illness.
Schedule: Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Pay Scale: $11.12 per hour (Grade 6)
¨ Prefer: Bachelor’s degree in a related field with internship experience or two years of mental health experience.
¨ Will consider: Associate’s degree, High School diploma/GED with at least two years of human service experience demonstrating knowledge of needs of individuals with mental illness.
¨ Able and willing to work directly with and alongside program members performing job readiness, club tasks, and job training in a variety of basic, manual jobs and tasks.
¨ Valid driver’s license, good driving record and own vehicle required.
¨ Strong interpersonal, problem-solving and organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
¨ Demonstrate respect for the rights and abilities of people with disabilities and ability to work with a member empowerment philosophy and the understanding of principles of rehabilitation and recovery.
¨ Strong adaptability, sense of responsibility and initiative, problem-solving and teamwork skills.
¨ Strong Computer Skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
¨ Prefer also: Clubhouse model, vocational/training program and/or job development/marketing experience.
¨ Bi-Lingual/bi-cultural strongly encouraged to apply.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Facilitate the creation and ongoing development of work units, providing meaningful opportunities for members working side by side.
2) Assist members in creation of action plans and in identifying opportunities both within and outside the program to build skills and achieve goals.
3) Engage, recruit, motivate and involve members in a membership model program that builds skills and assists members in returning to work or school.
4) Complete required daily, monthly and quarterly documentation and assist in development methods to include members in requirements for billing and reporting.
5) Serve as a placement manager at employment sites, providing on-the-job training and support, serving as a liaison with employer.
6) With staff, rotate evening and weekend social or other event coverage, ensuring that schedule for club is maintained.
SEND COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
HUMAN RESOURCES UNLIMITED
120 MAPLE STREET, SUITE 400, SPRINGFIELD, MA 01103
(413) 781-5359 FAX (413) 746-3370 E-mail: email@example.com
Human Resources Unlimited (HRU) is a private, not-for-profit agency which has provided employment, training, and pre-vocational services to people with developmental, psychiatric, and other disabilities or disadvantages since 1970.
Internal candidates are given priority consideration.
HRU IS AN AA/EOE EMPLOYER. MINORITIES, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, VIETNAM VETERANS, AND WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. WE ARE PREPARED TO MAKE REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS TO PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES TO ENSURE EQUAL ACCESS TO EMPLOYMENT.