Company Name: Community Builders
Location: Westfield, MA
At The Community Builders, you won’t just find a job—you’ll find a calling. Browse below for opportunities within the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and Midwest.
Part-Time Resident Services Coordinator, 16 hrs/wk
About The Community Builders:
Join a growing organization that is strengthening neighborhoods across the nation. The Community Builders, Inc. (TCB) is one of the nation’s leading non-profit real estate developers and property managers. Our mission is to build and sustain strong communities where people of all incomes can achieve their full potential.
About East Mountain View:
East Mountain View is a mixed income community of 46 units that is home to senior residents. This community is located in Westfield, MA.
About Community Life:
Community Life is TCB’s place-based model that provides stable housing as a platform for residents and neighborhoods to achieve success. TCB communities are places of innovation that address some of the most significant challenges facing low-income populations. We engage residents in creating programs and building strategic partnerships with local stakeholders to support seniors and/or non-elderly disabled residents in three areas: housing and financial stability, health and wellness, and community engagement.
The Resident Services Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day resident services of the assigned property (not necessarily limited to one location). This position entails assessing the needs of residents and then developing and managing strategic partnerships with service providers, supervising the day-to-day operation of programs, collaborating with the Community Manager to ensure housing stabilization, and recruiting and leading volunteers to assist on the site. This position is located in Westfield, MA and is part time, 16 hours/week.
- Build relationships with residents to support their needs and goals.
- Develop strategic partnerships and provide linkages to local service providers that promote financial stability and health and wellness.
- Engage residents in community building activities that nurture care and respect for the property and apartments.
- Support residents at risk of losing their housing.
- Provide support for Property Management through unit inspections and re-certifications.
- Collect data to document services provided to residents and outcomes achieved.
- Manage budgets and administrative tasks required for securing and executing contracts and grants.
- Experience working with the senior and non-elderly disabled population to create and support the implementation of plans that enable the residents to maintain their housing.
- Knowledge of mental health issues and cognitive and physical disabilities required.
- Capable of building and maintaining partnerships with community based organizations based on the needs of the residents.
- Ability to understand and respect values, attitudes, and beliefs that differ across cultures and to respond appropriately to these differences with residents and in planning, implementing, and evaluating programs and services.
- Ability to collect, track and understand data In order to assess programs and partnerships.
- Knowledge of Federal, State and Local Policies affecting housing and/or experience in property management preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook. Knowledge of Yardi and Efforts to Outcomes preferred.
Education & Experience:
BA/BS in human services or related field and 2+ years’ experience working in community service related field.
The Community Builders is committed to diversity in its workplace, and applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, if interested, at this website.