SHANNON GRANT OUTREACH WORKER
The City of Pittsfield is seeking a motivated and energetic individual to fill the role as the Shannon Grant’s Outreach Worker. The Shannon Grant is a state grant aimed at addressing risk factors that contribute to youth and gang violence. The Outreach Worker will work closely with the Shannon Grant Program Coordinator, and provide a critical link in the community to connect with hard-to-serve youth. The Outreach worker will aim to recruit youth who will participate in the program, and build relations with those clients. A major role will be to connect youth with the community resources and services that would benefit them, including by acting as a liaison to facilitate access to services (after school activities, summer programs, employment, job readiness, and others). The position also includes working closely with the Steering Committee that guides the program. In addition, the Outreach Worker will identify youth needs in the community, as well as work with them to set goals and determine paths to success as defined by them. The Outreach Worker will play an important coaching and mentoring role, and conduct gang awareness presentations in schools.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent interpersonal skills – with the proven ability in relationship building skills with youth, and to communicate effectively in public and with partner agencies. The candidate should have in-depth knowledge of the Pittsfield community, particularly the youth population. Applicants should also possess the capability to maintain basic records related to managing a caseload of youth clients, while further possessing the ability to sustain confidentiality pertaining to such records.
Employment is conditional upon applicant successfully passing a pre-employment physical and background check.
Salary: $20 per hour
Deadline: Friday, April 25, 2014
Applications are available in the Personnel Office at City Hall, and online at www.cityofpittsfield.org. Applications should include cover letter and resume, and submitted back to:
City Hall, Room #107
70 Allen Street
Pittsfield, MA 01201
City of Pittsfield is an EEO/AA employer
Archives for Job Openings
Help Desk Technician I – Pittsfield, MA
NON-EXEMPT / SALARY GRADE 7
PART TIME / EVENING SHIFTS/WEEKENDS
Possess basic understanding of IT systems in order to identify, analyze and resolve a variety of technical issues to provide first level support services for all lines of business. Possess a polite phone demeanor and ability to give clear direction to non-technical clients. Research, track, log and update trouble tickets. Generate reports and assist IT staff on other issues / duties as needed.
Skills & Knowledge:
Senior Vice President, Information Systems & Technology
PO Box 1308 n Pittsfield, MA 01202-1308
P 413.236.3329 n C 518.390.8153 n F 413.445.8340
Positions are filled by individuals with expertise in a variety of disciplines including social work, culinary arts, farming, finance, administration, marketing and human resources. On-the-job and in-service training and supervision are part of Gould Farm’s pledge to provide a meaningful work experience for its employees. Staff and their families are expected to make a long-term commitment to the work and lifestyle of the Farm.
The Farm provides housing on the campus as well as food and other benefits including health insurance and paid vacation.
To apply for a salaried position send a cover letter and resume to:
|Michael J. Covell
|Human Resources Director
|PO Box 157|
|Monterey, MA 01245-0157|
|Phone: 413-528-1804 x17|
Assistant Bookkeeper (part-time, hourly)
Established in 1999 in Philadelphia, Ark Media is an interactive multimedia agency with our administrative office located in Great Barrington and multiple home-based offices located throughout the United States. We combine extraordinary creative and content development capabilities with the latest technology to give our clients’ brands a megaphone in the crowded exhibit hall, communicate complex messages with 3D animation and video, or deliver multimedia content in a rich interactive environment.
· Maintain accurate Accounts Payable files for each calendar year including entering Accounts Payable invoices into QuickBooks
· Enter credit card charges for company credit cards which includes downloading charges from credit card company and distributing and collecting excel spreadsheets to employees for description and project numbers
· Provide Accounts Payable Aging and Unpaid Bills reports to supervisor(s) each week
· Generate Accounts Receivable invoices for distribution as needed
· Assist in submitting payroll liabilities as requested
· Utilize a high attention to detail, communication and documentation in assisting to maintain accurate accounting of financial records for the company
• Proficiency in QuickBooks (Windows) a must
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office on a Mac platform
• Proficiency in general internet and email skills
• Strong sense of organization
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work with a team and collaborate to meet team goals
• Desire to work and thrive in a small, quiet office setting
Interested applicants are asked to send a resume to email@example.com or
Rebecca McFarland, Ark Media Inc.
47 Railroad Street, Suite 4
Great Barrington, MA 01230
Job Description :
Help to develop, deploy, test and support computer software applications. Analyze business requirements, plan solutions, write technical documentation, create software and database objects, prepare and implement test plans.
Provide customer support with deployment and use of products. Benefit plan includes medical and dental insurance, paid vacation, holidays, and 401k eligibility after one-year of employment.
DEPARTMENT OF PERSONNEL, CITY HALL, 70 ALLEN STREET, ROOM 107, PITTSFIELD, MA 01201 PHONE: 413-499-9340
SUPERVISORY AND PROFESSIONAL UNION
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SERVICES
The City of Pittsfield is seeking a qualified individual to fill the position of Fleet Manager. The Fleet Manager is responsible for the effective management and organization of all transportation activity including fleet administrative standards and vehicle operating policies for all City vehicles. The Fleet Manager will be responsible with vehicle maintenance; health and safety; speed and fuel management; and supervision of the City vehicle inspection program. The manager will supervise and work with journeymen mechanics in the repair and maintenance of motor equipment, and assign daily work tasks while enforcing safety regulations. The desired candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management, or related field is preferred.
- Five years relevant experience or more repairing automotive vehicles and construction equipment, including supervisory experience.
- Certification by the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence for medium/heavy duty truck brakes. (Obtained within 6 months of appointment) ASE medium/heavy duty truck certification in gasoline engines, diesel engines, drive train, suspension and steering, or electrical systems. (Obtained within one year of appointment)
- Solid interpersonal skills. Ability to use a computer for maintenance of records and other garage data.
Monday-Friday, 40 hours
$23.99 per hour
Deadline: Tuesday, April 22, 2014
Interested candidates should forward application and resume with cover letter to:
City Hall, Personnel Department
70 Allen Street, Room #107
Pittsfield, MA 01201