Company Name: The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America
Location: Pittsfield, MA / Holyoke, MA
This position is responsible for the provision of expertise in helping to fulfill contractual commitments made to policyholders by demonstrating a cultural/philosophical foundation of expeditious evaluations and fact based claim decisions, while concentrating efforts on ensuring customer satisfaction of the highest level.
This position utilizes problem solving, analytical, written and verbal communication skills to ensure timely and appropriate disability claim decisions while providing superior customer service to all internal and external customers.
Proactively develop and execute an appropriate plan of action for pending and ongoing disability claims assigned by utilizing, managing and directing appropriate resources. Conduct timely and accurate benefit determination in accordance with policy provisions and regulatory and internal standards while providing sound customer service to all internal and external customers. Maintain a professional presence through clear verbal and written communication.
Contribute to continued enhancement of claim process, policies, procedures and systems.
Assist in the development and mentoring of Associate Claims Consultants and Claim Consultants.
Participate in various department projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
- Demonstrated accountability and initiative for providing excellent customer service
- Meets expectations for accuracy and quality of work
- Must exhibit a positive attitude and remain in control during stressful situations
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks within time expectations.
- Demonstrated ability to remain adaptable and contribute to a work environment that seeks and recognizes continuous improvement
- Demonstrated ability to interact with confidence while engaging in open discussions in an effort to build rapport with others
- Demonstrated knowledge of disability products and services
- Sound knowledge of Berkshire’s products, administration and claims procedures a plus
- Strong knowledge of PC Applications (including Microsoft Office, Cypress, etc.)
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- ALHC preferred
- Financial, medical, occupational and investigative experience
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a disability claims environment or equivalent work experience required
- Occasional field travel
- Please note that in addition to a current resume, the business will require a cover letter for consideration.
- If hired for our Holyoke, MA office, you will be required to travel to Pittsfield, MA office for Claims training.
The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America, currently ranked #254 on theFortune 500, is the country’s fourth largest mutual insurer. As of December 31, 2014, Guardian reports $1.3 billion in operating income, $6.8 billion in capital and $81.1 billion in assets under management. Guardian consistently scores high marks for financial strength from all four major credit rating agencies and enjoys a strong competitive position in each of its four major businesses: Individual Life, Group Insurance, Individual Disability and Retirement Solutions.
As a mutual company, Guardian is owned by its policyholders and the Company’s 6,000 employees and 3,000 financial representatives are aligned with its mission to help individuals, families and small businesses achieve financial security and protection.
Guardian has earned a reputation for financial stability and an unwavering commitment to the long-term interests of its policyholders and customers. This commitment has provided a foundation for Guardian to continue to evolve and thrive for over 150 years.
Guardian states its aspiration in the following way: “To be the trusted mutual partner, delivering financial security how, when, and where our clients prefer.”
Guardian is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To apply, if interested, please fill out the online application here