We are currently looking for an Inventory Control Specialist to join our Stationery Division located in North Adams, MA.
Primary functions include various tasks as part of the Supply Chain / Distribution Team. This team maintains responsibilities in three discrete locations within the Crane Stationery Division.
Initially, this position works from the Annex Distribution Center, and is responsible for the accurate and timely fulfillment of customer orders utilizing J.D. Edwards and the Pick-to-Light order processing method.
The Inventory Control Specialist will work closely with Supervision, Customer Service, Quality Assurance and Quality Control. Responsibilities include order processing, stock put away and replenishment, inventory reconciliation, packing, palletizing and stretch wrapping of orders, manifesting/shipment of products, labeling, etc.
Later tasks and duties will include Power Truck Certification, Raw Materials and Work-In-Process Component Cycle Counting, Replenishment, Supply Chain Metrics, Stock Transfers, and Order Receiving, and Mailroom activities.
Across all functions, tasks also include working with related components such as cartons, labels and information systems such as J.D. Edwards, Mail Order Management (catalog programs), Electronic Data Information (E.D.I.), bills of lading, and radio frequency bar code scanning system and all related inventory control systems and tasks.
- Must be able to perform all Shipping/Warehouse functions according to established processes and procedures
- Perform various inventory and replenishment tasks at all three locations
- Responsible to input data electronically, and fill out all related documentation, i.e. debiting, J.D. Edwards Transactions, Cycle Count Inputs and E.D.I.
- Must maintain general computer skills
- Meet established order picking standards
- Operate mechanical and powered move equipment like lift trucks, and stand up riders
- Accurately perform cycle counts and inventory reconciliations
- Must maintain a clean and safe work area
- Must function as an effective member of a team
- Must follow daily stretching exercise schedules and participate in all programs to reduce CTD’s
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read a ruler and/or tape measure
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions
- Experience with warehousing, JD Edwards and/or EDI, preferred
- Ability to read, write and keep neat and accurate records
- Must be willing and able to understand and follow written and verbal procedures or instructions
- Ability to learn J.D. Edwards electronic processing methods, using basic computer keyboard skills. (Training in advanced processing is expected.)
- Willing to work any shift arrangement and overtime as needed
- Willing to work in all areas of the Company
- Operate and obtain licensing certification for powered industrial trucks.
- Ability to understand and fill out all shipping related documents, bills of lading, manifests etc.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and possess own transportation
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and be capable of making decisions independently
Crane offers a competitive benefits package to full-time employees, including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, a 401k match and more.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply via our careers page at www.careersatcrane.com.