ENTERCOM BOSTON IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To be considered for any of the positions below, please apply online at www.entercom.com
ENTERCOM BOSTON OPEN POSITIONS
(Boston: WAAF 107.3/97.7 FM, WEEI 93.7 FM/850 AM, and WRKO 680 AM)
Director of Digital and eCommerce Sales (Corporate Position)
Description: Entercom, the fifth largest Radio broadcaster in the U.S., seeks a driven, enterprising and proven Sales Leader to manage National Corporate Sales for its eCommerce and Digital Channels. Backed by the power and strength of Entercom’s 113 Radio stations– which reach 30 million listeners weekly–Entercom has created a substantial eCommerce and Digital business focused on creating integrated marketing solutions for its advertising partners. The Director of Digital and eCommerce Sales will create, grow and manage revenue across these channels. This sales professional will report directly to the corporate VP Digital Strategy. Entercom is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Assertively acquire new customers and positively extend Entercom’s industry-leading eCommerce PERKS program for regional and national accounts
- Identify and close national and/or multi-market programs that inspire consumer transactions, drive revenue and grow databases
- Leverage other Entercom digital assets as needed to support the eCommerce PERKS program and enhance the program’s sales results
- Oversee and manage syndication opportunities
- Evaluate and execute business development opportunities with other network publishers
- Manage core third-party sales partners and generate related incremental revenue
- Explore and deploy new revenue generating opportunities with emerging forms of digital advertising in support of core programs
- Act as a partner to Entercom’s Corporate Business Development team to help with integration, ideation and execution of major advertising campaigns
- Proven track record as a sales leader in the digital space (particularly in digital network advertising)
- Successful track record in eCommerce sales
- Mastery of Microsoft Office Product Suite
- Excellent prospecting and proven business development instincts and skills
- Outstanding presentation skills, excelling in explaining digital programs with passion and clarity
Position Location: This individual can be based in Boston, Philadelphia, Chicago, Los Angeles, or San Francisco area. The Director of Digital and eCommerce Sales will also manage a support employee based in the Portland, Oregon market.
Compensation commensurate with experience and tied to sales results.
Lead PHP/Drupal Developer
WEEI.com, New England’s leading sports web site, and WEEI/WRKO talk radio stations are looking for a full-time, on-site, Lead Web Developer. This is also your chance to work with distinguished partners such as the Boston Red Sox, Boston Celtics and New England Patriots. We work in the Drupal content management framework, so experience maintaining Drupal websites is required. You will work as the lead of our growing design and development team to maintain and enhance our existing websites and blogs, troubleshoot and resolve issues, and create customized landing pages to activate sponsorship initiatives. The successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter who takes pride in their work and has a passion for learning new technologies. The ideal candidate will be comfortable building custom PHP applications, working with vendors and be familiar with integrating third-party APIs. This is a great opportunity for a developer to challenge their skill set, while working for one of the largest radio broadcasting companies in the nation.
We’re looking for candidates with the following technical skills:
- Drupal experience required, but module and theme development a plus
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, with the ability to convert PSD’s into HTML templates
- Understanding of back end development and integration with front end design
- Ability to QA your own code as well as assist with the QA of others’ code.
- WordPress experience a plus
- SVN and SEO experience a plus.
- Experience developing for emerging and new media (iPhone apps, social media, etc.) a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Pays attention to detail and can spot and correct errors.
- Willingness to learn and apply new software development tools, technologies, and methodologies.
- Ability to work in both a team-oriented and collaborative environment, as well as independently.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines when necessary.
- Ability to multitask effectively.
- Excellent customer services skills and a positive attitude.
Integrated Sales Marketing Specialist
Boston media company seeks a marketing professional to assist in the development of innovative and strategic marketing and promotional platforms for a local Sales Development Team. This will be the go-to person for collaboratively targeting, creating and packaging integrated cross platform marketing programs. Candidates should be leaders who thrive on change, have a passion for innovation, big ideas and new opportunities. Position reports to the Director of Strategic Sales & Marketing.
• Give clear creative direction to the creative services team to bring cross-platform ideas to life via online and offline mock-ups, web screenshots and flash demos
• Research industry verticals and uncover potential leads for new clients
• Research client/brand needs and uncover opportunities and solutions
• Work with sales to develop and execute impactful campaigns that will add significant and incremental revenue
• Coordinate and participate in brainstorming and ideation sessions
• Help manage the proposal development process
• Client Campaign Recaps, Capture and share case studies
• Execute client campaigns; review and analyze results
• Manage and track leads for the Director of Strategic Sales & Marketing
• College degree
• 5-7 years working in a consumer marketing capacity (e.g. brand, sales, agency, startup, or media company in similar role)
• Superior knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.) Adobe Photoshop is a plus, but not required
• Strong advertising, product experience and product delivery skills; promotions background is a plus
• Proven track record in structuring creative marketing / advertising ideas and solutions
• Ability to use quantitative and qualitative research to craft a compelling “story”
• Strong writing and presentation skills, ability to translate conceptual ideas into client-friendly language with confidence
• Conversant in cross platform/online marketing applications
• Ability to organize and prioritize while juggling multiple projects simultaneously, and to work in a fast-paced, evolving environment
• Proven ability to be successful with senior level clients
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent Follow Through
• Be a self starter, resourceful, and willing to identify and execute what’s needed to support the team
• Be a creative, conceptual and strategic thinker
Please apply online at www.entercom.com. ENTERCOM BOSTON IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
DEDICATED “PERKS” ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
Entercom Boston, home of the New England Perks, WEEI Sports Radio Network, WAAF, and WRKO is seeking highly focused, highly motivated individuals to drive advertising revenue through our customer acquisition program for small and medium businesses utilizing our assets, including: New England Perks e-commerce and integrated packages that include streaming, database and weekend radio advertising. This is an opportunity for a self starter to begin a career in company committed to innovating integrated marketing solutions for advertisers in the Boston and surrounding areas. If you have a passion for negotiating and love to work with small and medium business to help them grow, then this could be the career for you.
Essential Qualifications include:
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills: Outlook, Excel and Powerpoint
- A proven track record of hitting quotas
- Customer focused orientation
- Self-starter who is able to quickly grasp concepts and run with them
- Assessing clients needs and offering a marketing plan to meet those needs
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Ability to adjust to change quickly
- Must be able to think through and solve problems
Responsibilities will include:
- Prospecting and Cold Calling
- Presentation of the Perks Program to clients via face to face meetings and over the phone
- Creatively help plan and execute on client needs
- Meeting revenue goals
- Full understanding of all digital assets and ability to sell these assets where they makes sense
- Putting together client recaps and case studies
Please apply online at www.entercom.com ENTERCOM BOSTON IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Intern (Accounting Focus)
Entercom Boston is seeking students who are pursuing a career in accounting for an exciting, challenging and rewarding internship experience for the summer semester. Interns will be given the opportunity to learn and utilize practical accounting skills in the exciting world of radio broadcasting. Internship functions will include opportunities in Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Finance and Operations. Internships are 12-15 hours per week, with specific days and times agreed upon in advance. All interns must be enrolled in a College or University and receiving college credit. Students are expected to obtain and complete any forms necessary to receive credit for the internship experience. Entercom Boston will assist students with the completion of such forms and provide information concerning duties and responsibilities. INTERNS ARE NON-PAID POSITIONS. Please apply online at www.entercom.com ENTERCOM BOSTON IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
ENTERCOM BOSTON IS ALWAYS LOOKING FOR QUALIFIED CANDIDATES FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITIONS:
(Boston: WAAF 107.3/97.7 FM, WEEI 93.7 FM/850 AM, and WRKO 680 AM)
You are the best of the best. You are self-motivated, creative, a pro-active problem solver, tenacious, detail-oriented, money-motivated and approach this job as if you are your own CEO. You are a self-starter, organized, detail-oriented and have the ability to work without much direct supervision. Entercom is seeking AE’s for WAAF, WRKO, WEEI-AM & FM, WVEI-AM & FM and Entercom Digital Sales. Entercom has the latest tools and technology, the most knowledgeable management and is known as offering the best work environment for selling radio advertising in the industry. Nobody in the Boston market can offer more to their clients than Entercom New England.
Successful candidates are experts in:
- Strategic targeting of clients
- Prospecting and relationship building
- Setting face to face appointments
- Thoroughly analyzing customer needs
- Creatively designing marketing campaign
- Strategically selling compelling concepts to key local and regional decision makers
- Media sales
- Sports sponsorship
- Digital sales background preferred
- Successful track record of new business development
- Proven track record in meeting and exceeding defined sales goals
- Strategic multi-level selling
As an Account Executive with Entercom, you will also represent the Boston Red Sox Radio New England Network; Boston Celtics Radio New England Network; and Patriots Monday Radio Network. In keeping with the other members of the Entercom New England Teams, the #1 trait we hire for is “WINNING ATTITUDE”. We are looking for driven individuals who refuse to lose or compromise their level of success even in an unsteady economy. If this describes YOU, please forward your resume and career success stories today! Please apply online at www.entercom.com ENTERCOM BOSTON IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Entercom is looking for experienced producers. Candidates should have a minimum of two years experience and need to have strong communication and organization skills. Applicants should be familiar with Audio Vault, Newsboss, digital production and board operation. Experience operating radio-broadcasting console and/or producing an on-air show preferred. Please apply online at www.entercom.com ENTERCOM BOSTON IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Entercom is looking for experienced On-Air Personalities. Must have experience in the format (Active Rock, Sports Talk or News Talk formats) and passion for the brand. Please submit CD/tape with your cover letter, resume and application. Please apply online at www.entercom.com ENTERCOM BOSTON IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Entercom Boston is looking for part-time Street Teamers. As a street team member, you’ll be responsible for representing WAAF, WEEI, and/or WRKO in front of the public at on-site promotions and broadcasts. Street teamers are expected to be reliable, responsible, and mature, so if you’re looking to “party” or get rich, don’t bother responding. Additionally, you should have an outgoing personality and be able to maintain a flexible schedule. This is an excellent opportunity to get your foot in the door. If you meet the above requirements, please give us a resume and cover letter today. Please apply online at www.entercom.com ENTERCOM BOSTON IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Entercom Boston offers an opportunity for students to apply classroom theory to practical work experience. Our internship program allows students to experience firsthand the reality of working in the radio broadcasting industry. Interns can test their creative talent, exercise their analytical skills and increase their understanding of broadcasting operations and trends. Internships are available year-round, and are 12-15 hours per week, with specific days and times agreed upon in advance. All interns must be enrolled in a College or University and receiving college credit. Students are expected to obtain and complete any forms necessary to receive credit for the internship experience. Entercom Boston will assist students with the completion of such forms and provide information concerning duties and responsibilities. Internships are available for WAAF-FM, WEEI-AM, WEEI-FM & WRKO-AM in the following departments: Promotions, Programming, Production, Sales, Business Office & Web Development. INTERNS ARE NON-PAID POSITIONS. Please apply online at www.entercom.com ENTERCOM BOSTON IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.