TO: Business Software Systems Students
Priority Registration Advising Day is Tuesday, November 19, 2013. Students now have the opportunity to plan courses, select course sections, register, drop, and add by using their WebAdvisor accounts in MyBCC. The Priority Registration page on the BCC’s website has been updated and includes new information on how to use the new web registration tools. To help you with this process, I will be holding registration in small groups in F203 on November 19, 2013.
Please use the following link to schedule an appointment. This link will open a shared document. Type your name. This shared document will be saved automatically. You do not need to send it back to me.
Sign up for an appointment.
You may also sign up for an appointment using the schedule posted on my office door (M242). Keep in mind that there are no classes on Tuesday so your time will be more flexible.
NOTE: Beginning in Fall 2013 all BSS designated courses will be using Windows 8 and Office 2013.
Use the following steps to plan your courses before coming to your appointment on November 19, 2013.
• Review your degree audit to see what requirements you still need to complete (see Degree Audit).
You may also want to look at the BCC catalog for a description of your program and a suggested order for completing the course requirements. The catalog is on the website at www.berkshirecc.edu.
• In WebAdvisor, use a Worksheet to make a list of the courses you think you should take next semester. It is strongly recommended that you use the Course Planning Wizard to select courses. The Wizard uses your degree audit and limits your choices to only the courses that fulfill your program requirements. (Go to WebAdvisor – select Academic Planning – select Plan Courses – select Course Planning Wizard).
I expect you to have put some thought and planning into your course selections before our meeting on November 19, 2013. However, I am here to help review your choices so don’t feel that your plan has to be perfect at this point.
• After you plan courses, you can either put together your preferred list of course sections (see below) or you can wait until you have reviewed your courses with your advisor.
In WebAdvisor, use Register for Sections (under Registration) to build your preferred list of course sections for the upcoming semester. You can build your preferred list prior to your scheduled registration time. Just remember that your list of preferred sections is your “shopping cart” of choices – you have not yet registered for them.
• It is recommended that you run and review your degree audit after you have registered. Your registered courses should appear on the audit with a status of “PR” (pre-registered).
One more request…..
Please subscribe to the Business Software Systems web page http://blogs.berkshirecc.edu/bss/. The web site can also be found from the BCC home page (www.berkshirecc.edu). Click on Faculty and Staff Web pages and then click on Business Software Systems.
At this site you will find information about the Business Software Systems, A. S. degree and the Business Software Certificate. This site is for current and future students who wish to learn about the mission, goals, graduation requirements and program outcomes of the two BSS programs.
You will also find the following:
• A list of all BSS courses with their course descriptions and learning outcomes.
• A tentative course rotation that shows when and where BSS courses will be offered in future semester.
• Information about Career Services at BCC and links to job search sites.
• Information about the Microsoft Office Specialist Exams
• Information about transfer options
• Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about the Business Software Systems programs.
I will also be using this site to post information that will be of interest to BSS students; such as, job opportunities, college recruiter visits, and priority registration information.
If you subscribe to this site you will receive an e-mail whenever new information is posted.