The CFO of Massachusetts has challenged community colleges across the state to go Direct Deposit and read their pay advice (or what I like to call, a pay stub) online. Printing out the pay checks and advices generates over 7 tons of trash annually across the state. BCC alone sends almost 87 pounds to the landfill each year. If one of your New Year’s resolutions was to be more eco-friendly, this is a great way to start!
Using the Oracle program (formerly PayInfo), you can stop receiving paper pay checks and advices by following the instructions below:
- Log in to your Oracle Peoplesoft account (a.k.a the site where you electronically report your time)
- Select “Self Service” from the menu
- Click on “Payroll and Compensation”
- Click on “Direct Deposit”
- Add Account Information for Direct Deposit
- Underneath the blue box, you will see a link that says “Pay Statement Print Option.” Click on it.
- Click on “Do not send a paper copy of direct deposit pay statement” so that the little circle is blue
- Click “Save”
- Confirm when prompted. There you go! That’s it!
If you do not report your time electronically, please contact our awesome payroll department!
Best of luck! Remember, every little bit helps!
It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do little – do what you can.